Issue with multi-monitor setup on Nvidia hybrid 455 drivers

In the past, hybrid setup was not able to output picture to secondary screens and in a result, in hybrid mode additional monitors simply weren’t recognized.

455 drivers added possibility to use multimonitors in hybrid mode, however, it doesn’t work well for me. I’m not sure if that is the problem of drivers or my optimus-manager setup.

Currently, the secondary monitor IS DETECTED correctly. When I enabled it, all screens went black… and I can’t do anything about it. So every time I choose hybrid mode, I get black screens, so I can’t disable secondary one to regain at least one (laptop primary) screen.

I guess I can probably find and change configs in intel or nvidia mode to fix it.

What I want is to debug this problem. Is this a problem with hardware and drivers and I need to wait for some fixes in the future? Is it a problem of optimus-manager setup? Is it some other problem on my end that I can change?

How to approach this? I really don’t know where to start. Searching for topics was fruitless because there were too many outdated and off-topic but similar issues.

What’s your kernel version? If 5.10, then I’d say the problem is the same as here.

1 Like

Yeah, you’re right!
I switched to kernel 5.9 and the issue is gone, multi-monitors work in hybrid mode.

I’m uninstalling 5.10 for now.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.