Is the NVIDIA GP106M card supported by Manjaro?

Ah, sorry, maybe it’s my English, which is very basic.
What application is that? The one I’m looking at is “Nemo run with nvidia prime run”.

nemo is a file manager. you can check this always with “pamac info filename” in your case open a console and

pamac info nemo

gives you a detailed information of the programm.

but may you explain what your problem is ? i’m a little bit confused

So how can I open a particular application with nvidia?
Is there a program for that?
Is there a specific command to use?
The only program that seems to be able to do it is nemo, which is in the repositories, but maybe I’m the one who is confused, sorry.

For example. I use ART’s appimage quite a lot, a photography program fork of Rawtherapee. It’s not in your repositories.
I also use Gimp a lot.
To use them with nvidia, how do I have to do it?

2 ways:
a) from console. open a console and run

prime-run nemo
or 
prime-run rawtherapee
or
prime-run any_application

b) second, edit the icon in the menu with right-click. you will find the programm that is executed (for example nemo). then you edit this entry and add the “prime-run” in front of the executable. close it and it’s saved. next time the programm will run automatically with nvidia-prime

1 Like

With the Gimp icon I can do it, but the ART launcher doesn’t give me that option on the right button as it is an appimage.

Is there a specific command to use?
Do a right click on your menu >> properties >> Edit menu
or open a terminal and type
menulibre

On the left side pick app that you want to run on nvidia, eg firefox. On the right side you see Application Details and the startup command for the app (yours might look different):
firefox %u
edit this line to
prime-run firefox %u
Then hit ‘Save Launcher’ icon on the top and close menulibre.

Is there a program for that?
Yes, more than one. Manjaro Gnome switcheroo-control option not showing

Thank you.
Any solution for ART Appimage?
It’s going to be the most graphically intensive application.

what is the call of artappwhatever. you run this exactly with
“prime-run artwhatever” as all other ones !

:roll_eyes:
On the left side pick app that you want to run on nvidia, eg ART Appimage. On the right side you see Application Details and the startup command for the app (yours might look different):
art-appimage %u
edit this line to
prime-run art-appimage %u
Then hit ‘Save Launcher’ icon on the top and close menulibre.

1 Like

I’m sorry, but ARTappimage is different, it doesn’t offer the possibility to edit the launcher…

Maybe I could try Bumble bee?

Art should be on the left side under ‘Graphics’ or ‘Multimedia’, click the little triangle to the left of ‘Graphics’ to expand the ‘Graphics’ category.
I have RawTerapee installed which is the same app, it’s there. Once you find it you can edit the command.

You can also try to start it via terminal:
prime-run art

Or try to focus and follow fairly easy instructions?

maybe you should get used to the minimum-basics first because with your lack of using linux you will run in deep troubles.

Then create one… shouldn’t be that hard with the GUI.

That is outdated and rather an early hack to make hybrid gpus switchable. Preferred is nvidia prime.

Ok. I forget about Bumble bee. Thank you.

Well, let’s see ART:

Ok, open a terminal and start your menu editor:
menulibre

In MenuLibre window:

• click on the little triangle to the left of ‘Graphics’ to expand category
  • pick Art
  • add prime-run to the startup command
  • hit ‘Save Launcher’ icon on the top to save changes.

Ok. I did just now

check
properties → propiedades
and also
abrir …

An appimage is a binary which contains a runtime and a squash image. So it is a binary.

Put the appimage somewhere statically, like in ~/Applications then rightclick on the desktop and create a launcher.

1. At “Command:” just write: prime-run /home/<your-username>/Applications/ART.AppImage
  2. At “Working Dir:” just write: /home/<your-username>/Applications

anything else can be as you like. Then start the app with the launcher.

1 Like

I’ve never used appimage/flat/snap but the app should still appear in menulibre and we should be able to edit the startup command there, right?

Achieved!
I had to put ARTAppimage in /usr/bin otherwise I couldn’t open the application by creating a launcher, I don’t know why.
Now it opens perfectly with the command prime-run ART.AppImage

Thank you very much!

No wonder Manjaro has such a good reputation.

1 Like