Is the NVIDIA GP106M card supported by Manjaro?

I’m sorry, but ARTappimage is different, it doesn’t offer the possibility to edit the launcher…

Maybe I could try Bumble bee?

Art should be on the left side under ‘Graphics’ or ‘Multimedia’, click the little triangle to the left of ‘Graphics’ to expand the ‘Graphics’ category.
I have RawTerapee installed which is the same app, it’s there. Once you find it you can edit the command.

You can also try to start it via terminal:
prime-run art

Or try to focus and follow fairly easy instructions?

maybe you should get used to the minimum-basics first because with your lack of using linux you will run in deep troubles.

Then create one… shouldn’t be that hard with the GUI.

That is outdated and rather an early hack to make hybrid gpus switchable. Preferred is nvidia prime.

Ok. I forget about Bumble bee. Thank you.

Well, let’s see ART:

Ok, open a terminal and start your menu editor:
menulibre

In MenuLibre window:

• click on the little triangle to the left of ‘Graphics’ to expand category
  • pick Art
  • add prime-run to the startup command
  • hit ‘Save Launcher’ icon on the top to save changes.

Ok. I did just now

check
properties → propiedades
and also
abrir …

An appimage is a binary which contains a runtime and a squash image. So it is a binary.

Put the appimage somewhere statically, like in ~/Applications then rightclick on the desktop and create a launcher.

1. At “Command:” just write: prime-run /home/<your-username>/Applications/ART.AppImage
  2. At “Working Dir:” just write: /home/<your-username>/Applications

anything else can be as you like. Then start the app with the launcher.

1 Like

I’ve never used appimage/flat/snap but the app should still appear in menulibre and we should be able to edit the startup command there, right?

Achieved!
I had to put ARTAppimage in /usr/bin otherwise I couldn’t open the application by creating a launcher, I don’t know why.
Now it opens perfectly with the command prime-run ART.AppImage

Thank you very much!

No wonder Manjaro has such a good reputation.

1 Like

No, appimages are just binaries. Just click and start. Anything else is extra.

Oh, ok, thanks. So in menulibre I’d have to add a new launcher and point to it to add it to the menu. Thanks for clarifying.

1 Like

putting an appimage in /bin is a bad idea… normally it should run. then set the full path like:
prime-run /home/<your-username>/Applications/ART.AppImage

1 Like

OK, I have done that and ART works fine from there too.
Thank you!!

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.