Intel-opencl (pre broadwell ) not working properly

I’m still progressing in the goal to setup a working opencl in pre broadwell Cpus and Intel-opencl is now installed and it seems works correctly on libreoffice

But i still have plenty of issues on differents softwares that uses Opencl:

• Blender is not launching (working perfectly without intel-opencl)

blender: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/libOpenImageDenoise.so.1: undefined symbol: _ZN3tbb10interface78internal15task_arena_base24internal_max_concurrencyEPKNS0_10task_arenaE

• darktable works correctly but into the darkroom it displays a black image (only in raw files )
    (works perfectly without opencl )

• the same problem with davinci resolve that run correctly but cannot display videos …

is someone have an idea or a clue and maybe we will have in a near future a easy solution to enable opencl on old machines ?

From the opencl.org web site:

OpenCL needs work. We can complain, but better is to just fix it.

so:

• if you’re a developer, hop over there and start helping out testing and patching code on these old machines
  • If you’re not a dev and you’re rich: consider donating a ton of money to the opencl org so that they can hire additional developers (100K€ / dev)

If you’re neither, the only thing you can do is: wait

:sob:

I’ve marked this answer as the solution to your question as it is by far the best answer you’ll get.

However, if you disagree with my choice, please feel free to take any other answer as the solution to your question or even remove the solution altogether: You are in control! (If you disagree with my choice, just send me a personal message and explain why I shouldn’t have done this or :heart: or :+1: if you agree)

:innocent:
P.S. In the future, please don’t forget to come back and click the 3 dots below the answer to mark a solution like this below the answer that helped you most:
Solution
so that the next person that has the exact same problem you just had will benefit from your post as well as your question will now be in the “solved” status.

Don’t worry i understand why you did this, if there are not any solutions to this issue, we have to deal with it :).

Unfortunately i don’t think there will be a solution or a fix anytime soon for pre broadwell harware

Beignet does not have any update since 2017
as well as intel-opencl which does not received aany neither for the same period of time !

I’m not really rich and i don’t think my humble web developer skills might be helpful for this as well!

thanks for you answer !

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.