Installing rtl8812bu driver using 512kernel

hello Im newbie in linux, i would like to install rtl8812bu im trying installing rtl88x2bu and the rtl8822bu and i already download the header for kernel and the updated files for system but then it gives me error

/var/tmp/pamac-build-kuroe/rtl8822bu-git/src/rtl8822bu/os_dep/linux/recv_linux.c:357:55: note: each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in
make[2]: *** [scripts/Makefile.build:271: /var/tmp/pamac-build-kuroe/rtl8822bu-git/src/rtl8822bu/os_dep/linux/recv_linux.o] Error 1
make[2]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
make[1]: *** [Makefile:1851: /var/tmp/pamac-build-kuroe/rtl8822bu-git/src/rtl8822bu] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory '/usr/lib/modules/5.12.2-1-MANJARO/build'
make: *** [Makefile:2001: modules] Error 2
==> ERROR: A failure occurred in build().
    Aborting...

this error came from the pamac
please help me thanks

Hi @kuroe ,
Welcome to the forum, in order to help you I wonder whether you could post the output of the following terminal command:
inxi -Fazy
The output will show the wifi hardware, the driver installed on your card and which is the manager of the driver.

Please, read this post before doing this.
How to provide good information

Regards,

1 Like

Hi,
as far as I can tell, you are trying to install an improper driver. If you have a WiFi device with rtl8812bu chipset (to be determined with inxi -Fazy, as j8a already mentioned), the following driver from the AUR will work : rtl88x2bu-dkms-git by RinCat.
Don’t forget to install the appropriate kernel headers. For kernel 5.12 you can do this e.g. via the terminal with the command sudo pacman -S linux512-headers.
Then you can then install the PKGBUILD rtl88x2bu-dkms-git via Pamac, either using the GUI or the terminal. After that, restart the computer. In Pamac you have to make sure first, that AUR support is enabled in the preferences.

2 Likes

thank you very much j8a and LinKostik my problem solve, Im already installed the header for kernel 512 my mistake is I always forgot to restart after installing drive and installing incorrect driver.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.