Install Manjaro using gnome-boxes

Hi, this is my first time here, and I could not find the answer to my problem yet. Sorry if my question is duplicated somehow.

I am trying to install Manjaro (Gnome) using Gnome-Boxes. The Live launches and is usable. But when I initialize the installation process it tells me that there are no “Partitions to install”

IMAGE_REMOVED*

I am not sure, but it may also be an issue with Gnome-Boxes that did not have the Manjaro Template, as you can see the in this screen that appears prior to the start of the image.

IMAGE_REMOVED*

However, there is a “Manjaro” item, in the template list.

So, I am asking if someone has any tip for me to make a virtual drive or partitions available so I can evaluate Manjaro before making the change to this OS.

Thank you, folks.

*Ps.: Could not add screenshots, maybe since this is my first post.

Ps2.: I did not download Manjaro myself, I am using one that gnome-box lists as a download. I will try to install download and install it myself from the iso, maybe I will get the prompt to create a virtual drive.

1 Like

It helps you:

Go to https://paste.pics/

Hi! I’ve had some experiences with Virtual-box in the past but I’m new to Gnome Boxes, sorry for the reviving of this!

I’m facing the same problem installing Manjaro KDE (and don’t really care about sharing a screenshot unless necessary). I’d like some help over this too :

• I’ve tried to partition the disk in the VM with KDE tool and GParted, no luck.
  • The disk (/dev/vda) is locked, mounted on /run/miso/bootmnt with a iso9660 file system. Looks like the live media is taking and locking all the disk (?).
  • Can’t find a way to unlock and partition it yet.

If someone is kind enough to point me in the right direction (docs or other pages), it could be helpful! :slight_smile: Thanks!

Hi @ypihoh and welcome to the Manjaro community.

This thread is a year old.

I do not have a solution to your apparent issue. I recommend you start (your own) new thread and detail your problem so that others can help more effectively. Posting to such an old thread is commonly referred to as necrobumping, which is not encouraged.

As a new user, please take some time to familiarise yourself with Forum requirements; in particular, the many ways to use the forum to your benefit. To that end, some or all these links will be invaluable:

And last, but not least, the Stable Update Announcements, which you should check frequently for important update related information. Occasionally an issue might be directly related to a particular update; it’s always best to check those announcements.

Cheers.

@ypihoh Please create your own Support thread and link this one if it’s relevant.

Please see the Forum Rules - Manjaro; specifically the sections about thread hijacking and necro bumping.