Inconsistent global scale in KDE

I have issue similar to https://forum.manjaro.org/t/inconsistent-global-scale-in-kde-on-1440p-monitor/7018
With global scale set at 100% most KDE applications and system UI elements are scaled to the equivalent of 200%. Increasing the scale to 125% changes the scaling of KDE applications etc to what appears to be 150%.
If I uninstall proprietary Nvidia drivers and reboot my PC everything look normal - 100% scale.
I have 43" 3840x2160 monitor and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060, Linux Kernel 5.9.16.

From the original post, I tried:

1. From the post: “Probably you could reset all the configs for KDE and start over. Here is what for instance @xircon used to recommend: Reset and backup plasma.” - No effect.

2. Regarding post by funtaurse, in my original /etc/X11/mhwd.d/nvidia.conf I didn’t have line that starts with Option.

Section "Screen"
    Identifier     "Screen0"
    Device         "Device0"
    Monitor        "Monitor0"
    DefaultDepth    24
    SubSection     "Display"
        Depth       24
    EndSubSection
EndSection
  1. I created a new config via Nvidia X Server settings and it had Option line. I commented it out - No effect.
Section "Screen"
    Identifier     "Screen0"
    Device         "Device0"
    Monitor        "Monitor0"
    DefaultDepth    24
    Option         "Stereo" "0"
    Option         "nvidiaXineramaInfoOrder" "DFP-1"
#    Option         "metamodes" "nvidia-auto-select +0+0 {ForceCompositionPipeline=On, ForceFullCompositionPipeline=On}"
    Option         "SLI" "Off"
    Option         "MultiGPU" "Off"
    Option         "BaseMosaic" "off"
    SubSection     "Display"
        Depth       24
    EndSubSection
EndSection
  1. I changed global scaling to 125% - it is somehow usable.

I can’t change scaling to 106.25% as mcoz suggested, only 100%, 125% etc options available.

I still have this issue after some system updates when I have to reinstall Nvidia drivers to recover from a black screen.

After reinstalling the drivers I then update the X configuration file using the “save to X Configuration File” button in the NVIDIA X server settings app - saving to /etc/X11/mhwd.d/nvidia.conf

I then enter into the terminal to complete the process:

sudo mhwd-gpu --setmod nvidia --setxorg /etc/X11/mhwd.d/nvidia.conf

I referred to the wiki - here - as well as help I received on my original post.

This is what works for me - hopefully more experienced eyes can point any shortcomings of this approach. Hope it helps.

Hi @mcoz
Thank you for the suggestions. It didn’t work for me.

The issue was fixed in one of the updates. Now I have 100% scaling and all the elements looks good.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.