[HowTo] Deepin workarounds to get (almost) stable again after serious breaking updates

I tested different variations (all of the above and some more) and rebooted between the changes but my dock doesn’t worked in any of those tests. Also, the dock was flickering, disappearing and reappearing and the hole system was very sluggish.
I started using Deepin before the great update and stayed even through that V20 update mess but now I have enough. Yesterday I installed Plasma and though I’m not a fan of the look at least it works and has working fractional scaling. As long as the window manager in Deepin DE is not sorted out, I will stay away. It’s still the most beautiful DE but I have enough of the experiments.

I’m sorry to hear that.

For me the Cinnamon Desktop with grouped tabs was the desktop most similar to Deepin for my work flows.

Usually when looking at /var/log/pacman.log it should be possible to downgrade to the versions before the upgrade and get it working again. But it can take some time … A feature doing this automatically would be a must on a coming manjaro-deepin-tool.

Few weeks ago, when clicking the power button on the start menu, it freezes for about one minute. A workaround was to click the power button on the right bottom corner.

Today after the last updates, the window effects didn’t work anymore.

I removed all deepin related packages from /etc/pacman.conf and tried to update all.
The window effects are still missing (can not be enabled in the deepin settings), but everything else seems working fine.

As the window effects are not to important to me and I did not find a quick solution, but everything else seems working fine, I decide to stay at the latest updates at the moment.

I have the same issue. Window Effects is disabled/crashing. I think this happened when I updated Deepin-Kwin and Kwin.

Although when I tried downgrading, the problem persists. Problem is solvable if I use Timeshift but whatever. :grimacing:

Just passing by out of curiosity… seems like a hell to want to use this desktop environment.

For the Arch to Manjaro process see the diagram Manjaro - Fresh & Stable but also see the forum, I think Deepin is just not really supported at the moment if I trust the WIKI, so they probably hold back updates.

To see the packages version current in Manjaro, refer to the Branch Compare website Manjaro - Branch Compare

Probably more info here but I guess you already know this thread Deepin Manjaro waiting room if you use Manjaro Deepin

As the problems came again and again from time to tome, I decided to move to another desktop environment.

While favouring Cinnamon, thinking about Budgie and GNOME, i was surprised, that the Manjaro Deepin 20x. is offically available as stable now.

My Manjaro Deepin is originally based on the old Deepin 15, which received all the updates and became very unstable.

So will make a backup of my data now and give the official Manjaro Deepin 20.x stable release a try:

After installing the new deepin “stable”, both monitors was recognized to be on the same(!) port. So they were only duplicated.

After a short try with Cinnamon i moved to GNOME and was very impressed about the current progress of GNOME and its customization features (plugins, …). Many parts of GNOME are quite different from Deepin, but GNOME is also very consistent and feels very … complete, apps fit together well.

I loved Deepin 15, Deepin 20 was to unstable to keep the love … i will stop here my Deepin support.

Adios Deepin Amigos!

A “workaround” is not a solution. This is long outdated, I’m sure.