How to use Wayland on KDE, no Nvidia Graphics?

There is a HowTo about Wayland here, but my Graphics is an Intel TigerLake Xe graphics, so I am wondering what packages I need to use the wayland session:

The Arch wiki does not provide what I want.

I have installed these:

wayland
wayland-protocols
wayland-utils
kwayland
kwayland-integration
kwayland-server
lib32-wayland
qt5-wayland
libva

what I have not installed

plasma-wayland-protocols
plasma-wayland-session
qt6-wayland
xorg-xwayland

Also, I have a 2560x1600 screen which is enlarged at 200%, how to solve HiDPI on wayland to get rid of a blurring screen (especially for firefox)

As in Firefox on Manjaro KDE Plasma on Wayland is blurred

need a MOZ_ENABLE_WAYLAND=1 in /etc/environments, this works for firefox but not Google chrome and many other applications such as typora, vscode, netease-cloud-music, etc.

You need this one to get the Plasma wayland session to choose in the display manager.

Don’t know what is needed for Chrome (as I don’t use it).

1 Like

For Chrome, launch it with:

google-chrome-stable --ozone-platform=wayland

This is in the Chromium article on Arch Wiki.

1 Like

Actually it does. It tells you to install plasma-wayland-session, which also pulls in all of the needed dependencies.

But what about plasma-wayland-protocols/xorg-xwayland, certainly more config are needed to support the wayland session.

You need to provide more information about why you can’t use a Wayland session on KDE. Have you searched the forum? You’re not the first one to try. You’ve been around here long enough to know the rules and how to post. Help us help you. :wink:

2 Likes

plasma-wayland-protocols is a make dependency for several KDE packages. xorg-xwayland is a dependency of plasma-wayland-session. qt6-wayland is not required unless you use any qt6 programs.

1 Like