How to make youtube faster

Hi there very new to Manjaro . i have very slow wifi we are doing the grey nomad number and rely on the wifi router built into the caravan.Speed test is about 1.8 to 2 mbps .ive read some terminal cmds that can make you tube faster by blocking some ip addresses .I can not install these cmds.Thanks in advance for your help

What are you referring to? Link?

1 Like

Thanks for your reply this is what im trying to use
LINUX:

sudo iptables -A INPUT -s 173.194.55.0/24 -j REJECT

sudo iptables -A INPUT -s 206.111.0.0/16 -j REJECT

First off I would just use /etc/hosts for blocking a few addresses.
Second … that command is available from the package iptables.

2 Likes

i am totally confused at what cmd i need to apply ,what addresses would i use please .can you provide the full cmd.

But you already gave a full command. (or 2 rather)
I dont know of this ‘workaround’ or what addresses to use … you are the one with that info.

Care to share a link to what you are deriving it from?

1 Like

Oh not a problem i tried to but got an error saying i could not

Sorry, you can’t include links in your posts.

From what I can dig up on the interwebs this action is attempting to disable youtubes CDN … I am not entirely sure that will actually speed things up. But I guess you can give it a try.

What is the error? I cant magically know :wink:

2 Likes

Yes thats it to disable youtubes CDN. do you know anything that can make youtube load faster with a slow wifi please

The error says i can not include links in this post ? :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Try this:

2 Likes

Ohhhh ok thanks .thats great .

thankyou for explaining that

i will go back and learn how to use this forum thanks for your time .

The CDN are closer to you. Then youtube’s own servers.

1 Like

Thanks for your reply,what do you mean CDN are closer to me ?I am a newby to linux.

Oh thankyou .do you have any idea how i can get youtube to buffer faster please my wifi is slow as.

No, I haven’t a clue.

1 Like

Thanks anyway .