How do I underclock the ATI HD 4850 GPU?

How can I underclock my ati hd 4850 card? It unnecessarily runs at high speed at around 75-80 C and causes overheat in the whole computer case. I tried an application at GitHub - marazmista/radeon-profile: Application to read current clocks of ATi Radeon cards (xf86-video-ati, xf86-video-amdgpu) but it doesn’t show anything and seems to not working. Thanks.

:+1: Welcome to Manjaro! :+1:

1. Please read this:
    How to provide good information
    and post some more information so we can see what’s really going on. Now we know the symptom of the disease, but we need some more probing to know where the origin lies…

2. An inxi --admin --verbosity=7 --filter --no-host --width would be the minimum required information… (Personally Identifiable Information like serial numbers and MAC addresses will be filtered out by the above command)
    Also, please copy-paste that output in-between 3 backticks ``` at the beginning and end of the code/text.

3. what’s the outout of the commands aticonfig and amdconfig?

:+1:

P.S. If you enter a bit more details in your profile in the correct fields, we can also see which Desktop Environment you’re using, which CPU/GPU or Kernel, … you have without typing it every time