Hi I was wondering how do you get the default XFCE theme

I would like to use the default XFCE theme the one with the blue and the little tiny bar at the menu. I heard the Manjaro Community is really helpful. I donno how to get the default XFCE theme. I would really appreciate it. I want to use the default theme, and the regular KDE theme which I know how to install the KDE theme no problem but I’m just looking for the default XFCE theme. Thanks
-Jitters

That’s xfce-theme-greybird.

If you are talking about the vanilla xfce theme and not the vanilla manjaro zfce theme then you can simply backup ~/.config/gtk-3.0/settings.ini and log out and log back in.

I don’t think so: i don’t even have that file.

As far as resetting the theme goes, i’d rather think it’s in ~/.config/xfce4/xfconf/xfce-perchannel-xml/xsettings.xml.

Ok so … Ishaanbhimat… I back it up and then delete the file?

Maycbe, ok it’s in that file but what do I do in it?

Backup, delete, log out, log in.

Follow what @maycne.sonahoz said.

Appearance stuff is saved here. Other related settings can also be found in this directory only, for example if you want to reset your panels backup and delete this file ~/.config/xfce4/xfconf/xfce-perchannel-xml/xfce4-panel.xml.

Thank you. I’m trying XeroLinux real quick but will more thank likely go to Manjaro so thank you sir I’ll let you know what happens here shortly.

:wink:

Ok I will I’m about to go try it now brb.

Did it. Didn’t work it’s still showing the Manjaro theme all of it.
Edit: In fact I deleted all the files in that folder and I still have the Manjaro XFCE.

I’m not sure - from what you have said here and from what I understood it to mean -
whether you simply want to have the Xfce default appearance
the appearance that you get when no custom configuration has yet been done

… a basic desktop background, blue, with a mouse in the center
… a panel, not spanning the whole width, centered at the middle, location at the bottom of screen
… and I forget how anything else looks like in the default config

If you want that:
rm -rf ~/.config/xfce4

preferably while you are logged out of the session - from a TTY, for example
(if you are still logged in - certain files are in use and will not be deleted
so: do this from a TTY - or from within another account while your session is NOT running)

log back in - and all the configurations will be gone
and you can start from scratch

No need to start from scratch, though
you can just as well adapt the appearance, as it is now, to your own liking
just as you would do when starting from scratch

makes no difference - but with the current appearance, you have some guidance on how to do certain things

It worked! That’s exactly what I was looking for. Thank you!!!
It runs as fast as arch. Arch is more lightweight. You guys might want to look into making a build for that. Very nice. Thank you for your hard work!

I hope you did not mean me - or what I wrote
because that was very basic
and just nuked everything …
no hard work involved

usually, people ask the opposite
how to get the Manjaro default back
not the actual Xfce4 default
which is, IMO, usable, but ugly …

I like the default makes me feel old school like a haxxor. And then just make my own XFCE. Any idea how I can make my own?

Ok how do I do the TTY?

BTW I’m just curious as to why when I install the Arch Blue Callameres installer that I can’t even boot Arch from my computers selection BIOS screen. Like it shows “Patriot Burst Hard drive. Then Western Digital HD then Manjaro then Mint.” But Arch doesn’t even come up after I install the system so what do I do while I’m installing Arch. I know this is Manjaro but I can not access the Arch forums to ask this question. You all are fine no one is going to tell some upper person that omg this kid is trying to get answers on the Manjaro forum nonono. Someone, somebody please help me.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.