So I tried playing Hellpoint (GOG Linux version 366, Unity-Engine) on my Manjaro PC and it was unplayable because framerates dropped below 10fps!
I tested it on Win7 (same PC) and on a Manjaro notebook with no problems. Details below:
1. PC - AMD Ryzen 5 2600, 8GB RAM, AMD Bonaire XT/Radeon HD 7790
- Manjaro Linux (Cinnamon), Kernel 5.15, amdgpu 22.0.0, Mesa/Vulkan 21.3.7-2 > bad framerates (vkcube runs good)
- Win7, 64bit > good framerates
2. PC (Notebook) - AMD Ryzen 3 5300u, AMD Renoir Graphics, 8GB RAM
- Manjaro Linux (Gnome), Kernel 5.15, amdgpu 22.0.0, Mesa/Vulkan 21.3.7-2 > good framerates
The test with Win7 just shows, that the old graphics card in my first PC is not the problem. Which leads me to the question: What is the difference between those two Manjaro Editions?
Obviously the DE or in detail Gnome runs on wayland. But is this really the point?
Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.