Guidelines for seeking support in the forum?

I have on multiple occasions come off as rude when seeking support in the forum, despite my best intentions. It seems I don’t know/understand forum etiquette, and I’d like to improve.

Could someone provide a link to a good in-depth guide to tech forum etiquette?
The Strict forum rules and guidelines are great, but apparently not descriptive/educational enough, at least for me.

If every unintentionally rude user has to be corrected at least once for every kind of mistake they make, it’s a bad time for everyone.

Rules described on Manjaro Wiki aren’t enough?

https://wiki.manjaro.org/index.php?title=Forum_Rules

Disagree – if someone is rude, no matter if intentionally or not, should be pointed.

1 Like

Its easy to forget that English isn’t everyone’s native language. It can sometimes be very easy to seem rude especially when using translation software. I think the moderators and manjaro team do a great job with what can be perceived as rude posts, as long as you aren’t deliberately flaming or attacking others then your posts are fine

2 Likes

I must be blind, because I’ve never clicked on that link in the forum rules and notices before. As you say, it is exactly what I am looking for. Thank you two

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.