your system hardware and setup this could cause an unbootable system due to
incompatibilities between the installed bootloader and configuration. After a
grub package update it is advised to run both, installation and regeneration
of configuration:

grub-install …
grub-mkconfig -o /boot/grub/grub.cfg

For more specific information on grub-install, please refer to the wiki:
GRUB - ArchWiki

As I have a dual boot and had to fix it: Windows 11 scratched Manjaro boot : no dual boot anymore what should I do, not risking to break again ?

Hello,

Related to this:

Your topic from last year is unrelated to the new issue …

3 Likes

Thank U for caring.
If I get the point, I should do nothing for now ?

Well, @Yochanan has reverted the GRUB with a properly working one, so no more systems will have a broken GRUB. Not quite sure what will happen next.

1 Like

there is a new grub 2:2.06.r322.gd9b4638c5-3, which is in arch stable now, which is also probably held back in manjaro repos. the changes indicate a message shown to users to manually re-install bootloader and “reverting of reverted commit” :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Recent changes in grub added a new command option to fwsetup and changed the way the command is invoked in the generated boot configuration. Depending on your system hardware and setup this could cause an unbootable system due to incompatibilities between the installed bootloader and configuration. After a grub package update it is advised to run both, installation and regeneration of configuration:

grub-install …

Recent changes in grub added a new command option to fwsetup and changed the way the command is invoked in the generated boot configuration. Depending on your system hardware and setup this could cause an unbootable system due to incompatibilities between the installed bootloader and configuration. After a grub package update it is advised to run both, installation and regeneration of configuration:

grub-install …

For more specific information on grub-install, please refer to the wiki: GRUB - ArchWiki

For more specific information on grub-install, please refer to the wiki: GRUB - ArchWiki

https://archlinux.org/news/grub-bootloader-upgrade-and-configuration-incompatibilities/

I don’t think you need to worry as manjaro has its own grub package, it no longer imports directly Arch’s.

1 Like

Btw, this alert appears with topgrade

Just watched Brodie Robertson vlog on this topic and I’m so happy that Manjaro is not affected.

1 Like