Fresh plasma install - AUR not working in pamac or yay

I’m getting NO aur results at all, both in pamac but also in yay. Aur is enabled, but pfffft.
Can anyone lead me in the right direction?

Have you updated your mirrors? :arrow_down:

sudo pacman-mirrors -f 5 && sudo pacman -Syyu

Any example?

Mirrors updated - it only downloads from core, extra, community and multilib

yay google-chrome
no packages match search

pacman does not handle the AUR, so that makes sense. But updating the mirror list will also update the AUR repo.

Well, it’s not. To test, I searched for “firefox” in pamac, chose the aur tab, and there are no results…

AUR is completely separate from the manjaro mirror pool and as running pacman-mirrors has no effect what-so-ever.

If your your favorite AUR helper fails you - you have the Arch way (prerequiste base-devel package) which is done 1-2-3

1. clone the PKGBUILD
    git clone https://aur.archlinux.org/fancy-package

2. cd into the folder
    cd fancy-package

3. fetch and install dependencies - and when done install the package
    makepkg -is

1 Like

This may be relevant.

Well, unfortunately it IS relevant - error 429.

I have NO idea what I did to get rate-limited, but oh well. Will try again tomorrow and see how it goes.

This looks like a networking error. Do you have a “fancy” VPN running that results in you being blocked from accessing the AUR?

Maybe the search function is pamac is still buggy and makes requests to the AUR too often. Only solution is to wait a day or get a new IP.

no - haven’t gotten around to installing my vpn yet. It’s THAT fresh an install.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.