Firefox flickering issue with NVIDIA graphics card under Wayland

Set environment variables like this:

MOZ_ENABLE_WAYLAND=1 NV_PRIME_RENDER_OFFLOAD=1 NV_PRIME_RENDER_OFFLOAD_PROVIDER=NVIDIA-G0 __GLX_VENDOR_LIBRARY_NAME=nvidia

Example:

Check about:support inside Firefox and look for WebGL 1 Driver Renderer. it should show your NVIDIA GPU

From [INFO] Getting Firefox working with NVIDIA on Wayland

1 Like

Uhmmm okay, thanks for the info butā€¦
What is the problem that WE can help with? (tag = support)

Firefox is developed by a totally different organization as Manjaro Linux distro, so no one can fix the issue in your topic title besides themā€¦

Sorry, I thougt that was the right category to post it. Where should I move it?

:point_up: :point_up_2:

If it was just sharing how to do something, you could maybe use Tutorials but your post isnā€™t like a tutorial either, so uhmm Feedback maybe? nahhh cause itā€™s nothing that the forum or Manjaro has any control over eitherā€¦

So ā€¦
I guess the Firefox development site is best :wink: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I have had this problem within Manjaro and looked for a solution here, but didnā€™t find anything. So I thought it would be an interesting information for other users. Should I delete it?

No need to delete, butā€¦

Which exact problem under what circumstances and on what hardware etc?
You post doesnā€™t mention anything in that regard, thatā€™s why i kept repeating:

Help others to help you better by:

1. Providing system info about your hardware by posting program output instead of describing your hardware.
  2. Use new lines when a sentence ends, so it is better readable and followable by others.
  3. If english is not your native language please see:

Please read and follow all advice in this thread:

Especially:

If you often have a need to do a ā€œHard resetā€ or ā€œPower offā€ to get back to your system, then avoid that when possible by following:

I thought I can help after having trouble with a NVIDIA card under Wayland. This problem exists for all NVIDIA cards under Wayland. No more hardware specification is needed.

Well i donā€™t have to use any of those environment variables to have HW-Acceleration under Wayland and my nVidia drivers :woman_shrugging:
(yes i use a different distro)

But anyhow, itā€™s clear that you donā€™t need any help with solving any problem i supposeā€¦
:vulcan_salute:

Iā€™ve just signed in this forum to say thank you for sharing, it was very annoying all those flickering in firefox. Glad you posted the solution.

Sorry, couldnā€™t figure out how to dm somebody, but this fixed my firefox, now i got the same problem with steam, any idea? Also i am very new to linux ^^

Hi @gatonero

If you ever revisit this thread, I have moved it to the Feedback category, as you were not actually asking for support.

Thank you for posting this information, even though itā€™s a Firefox issue, and not Manjaro. Clearly it has been useful to a few others. Iā€™ll mark one of your own responses as the solution so that this thread may be closed in a timely fashion.

Thank you for choosing Manjaro.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.