"Failed to mount" messages before start on Manjaro

Before starting my session I get four [FAILED] messages.

[FAILED] Failed to mount Mount unit for core18, revision 1880.
[FAILED] Failed to mount Mount unit for gnome-3-28-1804, revision 128.
[FAILED] Failed to mount Mount unit for gtk-common-themes, revision 1506.
[FAILED] Failed to mount Mount unit for snapd, revision 8542.

The session does start though and works perfectly fine afterwards. I don’t use snaps so I have uninstalled snapd. I am using Operating System: Manjaro 21.0.2 Ornara, KDE Plasma Version: 5.21.4, KDE Frameworks Version: 5.81.0, Qt Version: 5.15.2 with Kernel Version: 5.10.30-1-MANJARO.
The output of systemctl --failed is

UNIT                                                  LOAD   ACTIVE SUB    DESCRIPTION                                    
● var-lib-snapd-snap-core18-1880.mount                  loaded failed failed Mount unit for core18, revision 1880           
● var-lib-snapd-snap-gnome\x2d3\x2d28\x2d1804-128.mount loaded failed failed Mount unit for gnome-3-28-1804, revision 128   
● var-lib-snapd-snap-gtk\x2dcommon\x2dthemes-1506.mount loaded failed failed Mount unit for gtk-common-themes, revision 1506
● var-lib-snapd-snap-snapd-8542.mount                   loaded failed failed Mount unit for snapd, revision 8542            

LOAD   = Reflects whether the unit definition was properly loaded.
ACTIVE = The high-level unit activation state, i.e. generalization of SUB.
SUB    = The low-level unit activation state, values depend on unit type.
4 loaded units listed.

Yes you do:

And that’s your problem, so uninstall all the snaps you installed previously and the issue will go away all by itself.

If I were you, I’d:

• install snapd again, do a snap list and then uninstall all snaps and then delete snapd again.

XOR

• Take a system backup and exexute a:

pamac remove --orphans

:man_shrugging:

I just installed snapd again. It says No snaps are installed yet. Try 'snap install hello-world'.

You’re weird! That’s weird! :wink:

anyway…

Sorry for replying after so many days. I removed the orphans too. The issue persists.

Have you tried to boot with another kernel?
An year ago, I had a similar problem and a bug in the kernel was the culprit.

For a few weeks I booted with the old kernel and when I tried again, the bug was fixed.

1 Like

Simply deleting those .mount files left in /etc/systemd/system/ worked for me. Reference: https://askubuntu.com/questions/1160825/failed-to-mount-mount-unit-for-program-when-restarting-the-system#

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.