Error: 'grub.debug.malloc' not found - Anyone Subject Matter Expert up for a challenge?

Brahma,

Apologies if that sounded like a ridiculous question. At this point, I am totally paranoid about breaking something again.

Below are the results of running the command:

Apply transaction ? [y/N] y
Resolving dependencies…
Checking inter-conflicts…
Download of manjaro-keyring (20220514-2) started
Download of archlinux-keyring (20220727-1) started
Download of manjaro-keyring (20220514-2) finished
Download of base (3-2) started
Download of base (3-2) finished
Download of manjaro-system (20220727-1) started
Download of manjaro-system (20220727-1) finished
Download of archlinux-keyring (20220727-1) finished
Checking keyring… [4/4]
Checking integrity… [4/4]
Error: manjaro-keyring: signature from “Mark Wagie mark@manjaro.org” is unknown trust
Error: archlinux-keyring: signature from “Christian Hesse eworm@archlinux.org” is unknown trust
Error: base: signature from “Philip Müller (Called Little) philm@manjaro.org” is unknown trust
Error: manjaro-system: signature from “Philip Müller (Called Little) philm@manjaro.org” is unknown trust
Removing invalid files and retrying…
Resolving dependencies…
Resolving dependencies…
Download of archlinux-keyring (20220727-1) started
Download of manjaro-keyring (20220514-2) started
Download of manjaro-keyring (20220514-2) finished
Download of base (3-2) started
Download of base (3-2) finished
Download of manjaro-system (20220727-1) started
Download of manjaro-system (20220727-1) finished
Download of archlinux-keyring (20220727-1) finished
Checking keyring… [4/4]
Checking integrity… [4/4]
Error: manjaro-keyring: signature from “Mark Wagie mark@manjaro.org” is unknown trust
Error: archlinux-keyring: signature from “Christian Hesse eworm@archlinux.org” is unknown trust
Error: base: signature from “Philip Müller (Called Little) philm@manjaro.org” is unknown trust
Error: manjaro-system: signature from “Philip Müller (Called Little) philm@manjaro.org” is unknown trust
Error: Failed to commit transaction: invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature):
johnnys-Laptop%

try these commands:

1. Remove all keys
    sudo rm -rf /etc/pacman.d/gnupg
    sudo rm -R /root/.gnupg/
  2. Reinitialize files & folders for keys
    sudo pacman-key --init
  3. Repopulate keys
    sudo pacman-key --populate archlinux manjaro
  4. Reinstall latest keyrings
    sudo pacman -Sy gnupg archlinux-keyring manjaro-keyring
  5. Refresh the signature keys
    sudo pacman-key --refresh-keys
  6. Clear out the software packages downloaded during aborted installations:
    sudo pacman -Sc
  7. Finally, try updating your system to see if the errors were resolved.
    sudo pacman -Syyu

ignore any errors during the commands, except for the command number 7, if there are any errors running pacman -Syyu, post them here

Brahma,

Apologies is this is another dumb question, but I keep seeing this come up time and again.

:: Import PGP key 150C200743ED46D8, “Mark Wagie mark@manjaro.org”? [Y/n]

Please kindly advise, should I answer yes or no?

yes confirm y to every prompt, and from the pacman syyu command post errors here

Thank you for your gracious and patient assistance Brahma,

I just executed Step #7 .

From recent experience, it will be awhile. It is updating 1387 packages.

I will let you know the results in a little while.

In the interim, should I close any programs I am working in? Thunderbird, LibreOffice, etc…?

I sure do not want to compound any issues.

so if it is actually downloading/updating packages then it seems it worked … no you dont have to close anything, just rebooting after its done updating - if there are no errors of course …

I have my fingers crossed! I will let you know if a little while! It is just now on 135 of 1387!

I have been at this steps several times previously over the last week+ or so.

However, at this point, I am so confused and really I have zero clue if I have followed this exact procedure or if I followed these exact steps in the correct order.

However, I am fairly confident that I do not recall that I ever rebooted after this step. Maybe between your procedure and rebooting, my anxiety will be resolved with a functional system again!!

Any suggestions on my previous inquiry regarding a Linux book for Kindergartener’s? I really want to understand the mechanics of it all, at least from a level enough to have some sort of elementary working knowledge for troubleshooting if nothing else.

I found a step by step guide somewhere once before to build a Linux system from the kernel up. I figured that would certainly provide one with a working knowledge of a Linux system,. However, I am afraid that I may not have the time until I am an retired (hopefully someday) old man and by that time, I am confident that Linux will be the worlds prominent and most accepted OS!! It is just so freaking cool and my biggest problem is that I cannot refrain from tinkering with the thing and just be satisfied that it works. There always seems to be something that just bugs me that I HAVE TO FIX! LOL…

this takes a lot of time, the update should be already done… you mean it only downloaded 135 of 1387 or its already updating the packages?
you can check this link:

Here are the errors.

Should I continue to answer yes?

(1387/1387) checking package integrity [#####################################################################################] 100%
error: linux-api-headers: signature from “Frederik Schwan freswa@archlinux.org” is unknown trust
:: File /var/cache/pacman/pkg/linux-api-headers-5.18.15-1-any.pkg.tar.zst is corrupted (invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature)).
Do you want to delete it? [Y/n] y
error: tzdata: signature from “Andreas Radke andyrtr@archlinux.org” is unknown trust
:: File /var/cache/pacman/pkg/tzdata-2022b-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst is corrupted (invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature)).
error: iana-etc: signature from “Jelle van der Waa jelle@archlinux.org” is unknown trust
:: File /var/cache/pacman/pkg/iana-etc-20220603-1-any.pkg.tar.zst is corrupted (invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature)).
error: filesystem: signature from “Philip Müller (Called Little) philm@manjaro.org” is unknown trust
:: File /var/cache/pacman/pkg/filesystem-2022.06.08-3-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz is corrupted (invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature)).
error: glibc: signature from “Frederik Schwan freswa@archlinux.org” is unknown trust
:: File /var/cache/pacman/pkg/glibc-2.36-2-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst is corrupted (invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature)).
error: libffi: signature from “Jan Alexander Steffens (heftig) heftig@archlinux.org” is unknown trust
:: File /var/cache/pacman/pkg/libffi-3.4.2-5-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst is corrupted (invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature)).
error: util-linux-libs: signature from “Christian Hesse eworm@archlinux.org” is unknown trust
:: File /var/cache/pacman/pkg/util-linux-libs-2.38.1-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst is corrupted (invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature)).
error: zlib: signature from “Evangelos Foutras foutrelis@archlinux.org” is unknown trust
:: File /var/cache/pacman/pkg/zlib-1:1.2.12-2-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst is corrupted (invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature)).
error: libsysprof-capture: signature from “Frederik Schwan freswa@archlinux.org” is unknown trust
:: File /var/cache/pacman/pkg/libsysprof-capture-3.44.0-2-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst is corrupted (invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature)).
error: gcc-libs: signature from “Frederik Schwan freswa@archlinux.org” is unknown trust
:: File /var/cache/pacman/pkg/gcc-libs-12.1.1-4-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst is corrupted (invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature)).
error: ncurses: signature from “David Runge dvzrv@archlinux.org” is unknown trust
:: File /var/cache/pacman/pkg/ncurses-6.3-3-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst is corrupted (invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature)).
error: readline: signature from “Jelle van der Waa jelle@archlinux.org” is unknown trust
:: File /var/cache/pacman/pkg/readline-8.1.002-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst is corrupted (invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature)).
error: bashrc-manjaro: signature from “Mark Wagie mark@manjaro.org” is unknown trust
:: File /var/cache/pacman/pkg/bashrc-manjaro-5.1.016-2-any.pkg.tar.zst is corrupted (invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature)).
error: bash: signature from “Mark Wagie mark@manjaro.org” is unknown trust
:: File /var/cache/pacman/pkg/bash-5.1.016-2-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst is corrupted (invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature)).
error: glib2: signature from “Jan Alexander Steffens (heftig) heftig@archlinux.org” is unknown trust
:: File /var/cache/pacman/pkg/glib2-2.72.3-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst is corrupted (invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature)).
error: expat: signature from “Felix Yan felixonmars@archlinux.org” is unknown trust
:: File /var/cache/pacman/pkg/expat-2.4.8-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst is corrupted (invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature)).
Do you want to delete it? [Y/n]

Really sorry it took so long. I was trying, but it seems the interface did not like all the information I tried to paste in because it kept getting hung up and it took forever to delete enough of it to make it happy.

there is no need to put everything only errors, in this case it would be only the:

error: glib2: signature from “Jan Alexander Steffens (heftig) heftig@archlinux.org” is unknown trust
:: File /var/cache/pacman/pkg/glib2-2.72.3-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst is corrupted (invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature)).

so edit your post and remove everyhting from there and keep there only one error…
and from which command is this the output? from the last one?: sudo pacman -Syyu ?

Okay, I will figure out how to edit my post.

Yes the errors resulted from sudo pacman -Syyu

so the commands didnt work …
so do this:
Open /etc/pacman.conf and edit this line:
SigLevel = Required DatabaseOptional - its on the 45 line
to look like this:
SigLevel = Optional TrustAll
Save it and run update again.

Okay, let me see if I can figure out to do that. I did manage to edit my post at least!

what desktop are you using? kde, gnome?
you can open with your text editor, im on kde and using kate so the command would look like this:
kate /etc/pacman.conf
you replace kate with the name of the text editor you are using…
you can open it also by navigating to the location using your file manager …

or you can use nano editor:
sudo nano /etc/pacman.conf
press ctrl+/ and enter the number 45 - edit this line:
SigLevel = Required DatabaseOptional - its on the 45 line
to look like this:
SigLevel = Optional TrustAll
then press ctrl+x to save it and rerun update again

Brahma, just wanted to say you are awesome and thank you so much for your patience.

I made the changes via Kate per your suggestion, Ctrl X was giving me fits, but I saved it with the button and then reopened it to make sure.

Another dumb question, but since all the problems I do not want to screw something up.

Since I never completed answering all the questions, do I just X out of Konsole to start the update process again? Also is it necessary to start at the beginning of your procedure or just enter the command: sudo pacman -Syuu ??

if you were using kate, you just save it normally by pressing the x and it will prompt you for your password …
the ctrl+x was only for the nano editor
you run only the update command:
pamac update
or
sudo pacman -Syu
or you use gui - open add/remove software app and click updates - the most preferable option for me

Brahma,
It has been over 2 hours now and I thought Pacman was working his little heart out, but I did not realize that Konsole was still open and waiting for me to answer yes or now fro our troubleshooting session.

Now that Konsole is closed, Pacman seems to be working to put Humpty Dumpty is getting put back together again. At least I hope that is the case and we are on the road to less anxiety and a whole lot of productivity again. If not I will be back for some more direction.

In anticipation that all is well, I want to express my utmost appreciation for your most expert assistance, ,as well as your outstanding demonstration of patience by walking me through the process.

I have also book marked your previous resource related to learning Linux and I also was wondering if by chance you may could point me to a EASY TO COMPREHEND tutorial that would provide me the steps and knowledge required to segregate my home folder onto another hard drive.

I have three hard drives, one 2.5" SATA with 2 TB of space that currently has all my data and Manajaro on it. I also have a 500 GB NVMe drive that has Windows on it and then another 500 GB NVMe drive that I somehow managed to install Manjaro on twice! I also have 64 GB of RAM.

What I think I want to do, is store my data and my home folder on the SATA drive and then Windows and Manjaro on one NVMe drive and then Windows and if it seems logical and for redunduncy sake, install Windows and Manjaro on the other NVMe drive as well, just to protect me from what I have been dealing with the last week or so.

Any thoughts or wisdom you care to share would be appreciated and again, I very much appreciate your kindness and willingness to help an old man and geek at heart.

Kind regards,
Linux Wannabe

so you already run the update? or are you in process of doing so ?
dont leave system updates unatended!!
reboot after every system update!!

here is a link that could help with the moving of home:

Brahma,

Everything is updated and things seem to working nicely! Thank you so much!! Also thank you for the link related to my hard drive questions.