"DNS address could not be found"

Hi, I turned on my pc this morning to find that most sites I try to visit show DNS address not found.
Other pc’s on same network work fine and even my phone works using the same wifi. I’ve tried ethernet wired and wifi with different browsers. This has never happened before and everything was fine last night when shutting down. I know nothing about DNS. Can’t even go to duckduckGo.
Thanks

Open a terminal and run the following command:

cat /etc/resolv.conf

It will show you (and us) your configured DNS servers.

Did you setup any type of VPN, local/global adblocking, or else?

No VPN.
cat output=

Generated by NetworkManager

nameserver 2001:558:feed::1
nameserver 2001:558:feed::2
nameserver 2601:485:4201:3940:aa70:5dff:fef2:d3f3

The last thing I did was add a program using “add/remove software” webull-desktop When opening after install i get—Failed to execute command Failed to execute child process “LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/WebullDesktop WebullDesktop” no such file or directory.

Ok, used timeShift and restored to last week and still same issue.
Totally bewildered!

Router blacklist?
:person_shrugging:

Another clue, Tor browser cannot even start. When opening it just stays on “starting” screen.

Your router probably doesn’t give you an IPv4 address. As to why, I can’t say.

What does inxi -Fazy look like? And please put the output into backticks `` (or use the above “preformatted text” feature so that it’s easily readable.

Network:
Device-1: Realtek RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet
vendor: Micro-Star MSI X570-A PRO driver: r8169 v: kernel pcie: gen: 1
speed: 2.5 GT/s lanes: 1 port: d000 bus-ID: 27:00.0 chip-ID: 10ec:8168
class-ID: 0200
IF: enp39s0 state: up speed: 100 Mbps duplex: full mac:
Device-2: Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3168NGW [Stone Peak] driver: iwlwifi
v: kernel pcie: gen: 1 speed: 2.5 GT/s lanes: 1 bus-ID: 29:00.0
chip-ID: 8086:24fb class-ID: 0280

Another clue, clicking on a sponsored amazon add on the amazon site also shows “cannot connect to server”
Going to trash my wifi extender and try another.

It was the wifi extender! Now, why only my pc had the issue and not all the other pc’s on the same network is beyond comprehension.

:slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.