Display Ports aren't working / not being picked up

Hello,

Firstly I’m sorry if I miss information - I will try and be as through as I can be.

inxi --full --admin --verbosity=7 --filter --no-host output

https://pastebin.com/p8pM80GR

I’ve had this recurring problem for a few months now and I’m not really sure what the issue is.
In a nutshell, I have an NVIDIA GM206 [GeForce GTX 960] GPU which has a HDMI port and 3 Display Ports.

Beginning a few months ago I started to notice that the second monitor (which is a TV for what it’s worth) wasn’t being picked up at launch.

Initially I assumed this was a faulty cable, as, when I unplugged it from the back of the computer and plugged it back in Manjaro / xrandr would pick up two monitors instead of just the one but after almost every reboot/shutdown I would face the same issue.

I replaced the cable but was still having the same issue. I then thought it could be that one of the Display Port I was using had somehow gone ‘bad’ and that I needed to use a different one.

While this was a bit of a struggle for me to set up/change the issue would still occasionally recur from time to time.

Today, I’ve noticed that once again my ‘second monitor/TV’ isn’t being detected.

I have a Chromecast in the other HDMI port on my TV and it works on BOTH ports so the TV isn’t the issue and I’ve tried plugging my TV into each one of the three Display Ports, again with no success (I should mention, I’m using a Displayport to HDMI converter to connect it to the computer) but I am unable to get the computer to detect my second monitor / TV.

The only conclusion I can think of is that the Display Ports have somehow gone ‘bad’. However, I’m really struggling to understand how this can be as two of them have never been used and the HDMI which has always been in use has no issue whatsoever.

When I open nvidia-settings this is what I’m faced with;

https://i.imgur.com/AYDK5eQ.png

Obviously, ordinarily there would be two monitors instead of just the one.

What concerns me is previously when met with this issue the act of unplugging the Display Port cable and plugging it back in to the same port / a different one would usually ‘fix’ the issue and the second monitor would show, but now it won’t even do that.

This isn’t a HUGE issue - if my GPUs Display Ports have somehow ALL gone bad it would suck but wouldn’t be the end of the world - but to me this just doesn’t seem likely.

So, any ideas on how to work out what’s going wrong here? Or even how to get it working again.

Once again I’d like to preemptively say sorry if I’ve missed out key information and for my lack of understanding. I do enjoy Linux and love using it as my main OS but I know next to nothing about how it works etc etc and could really do with an “ELI5” type explanation if anyone has any.

Thank-you for your time and help :slight_smile:

Also, I’d like to say sorry for linking the screenshot and inxi --full --admin --verbosity=7 --filter --no-host output in text format but because I am new to the Manjaro Forums I’m not allowed to link/post pictures.

Sorry it’s new account thing.

But you can do this!

And that is form here.