Desktop files showing as untrusted

I use a Raspberry Pi 400 running Manjaro-ARM XFCE. I just did as fresh in stall of the OS and installed LibreOffice fresh. I added all the apps in the suite as a desktop launcher. It is now showing as untrusted. I went into properties to change it and everything in Permissions is greyed out.

Also, the security section of the Launcher tab is also greyed out.

How do I make these launchers trusted?

I now just installed Vivaldi and can’t install the Optional Dependency vivaldi-ffmpeg-codecs: playback of proprietary video/audio.
Screenshot_2023-02-11_06-37-02
What do I do to get it installed?

It is greyed out, because the owner of the file is root, so you need to edit it with root permissions.

Because this is not built for aarch64.

The trust model is a recent addition to launcher files with Xfce

How do I get root permissions for these files? Also how do I get the ffmpeg codec that is made for aarch64?

How to mass trust desktop files

In XFCE 4.18, desktop files have another layer of “security” that goes beyond setting the executable attribute. They now store a checksum in the gvfs metadata for each desktop file. This can be viewed via gio info <desktop_file>.
How to mass-trust .desktop files via shell?

I tried what ToZ put there:

Using for loop instead of find, this works for me:

for f in ~/Desktop/*.desktop; do chmod +x "$f"; gio set -t string "$f" metadata::xfce-exe-checksum "$(sha256sum "$f" | awk '{print $1}')"; done

and it returned the following:

chmod: changing permissions of '/home/pi/Desktop/libreoffice-base.desktop': Operation not permitted
chmod: changing permissions of '/home/pi/Desktop/libreoffice-calc.desktop': Operation not permitted
chmod: changing permissions of '/home/pi/Desktop/libreoffice-draw.desktop': Operation not permitted
chmod: changing permissions of '/home/pi/Desktop/libreoffice-impress.desktop': Operation not permitted
chmod: changing permissions of '/home/pi/Desktop/libreoffice-math.desktop': Operation not permitted
chmod: changing permissions of '/home/pi/Desktop/libreoffice-writer.desktop': Operation not permitted

I left a message on their forum asking the following:

The Permissions tab in Properties is still grey, showing Owner as Root, and the Program section still has “Allow this file to run as program” still left unchecked. Both entries in the Security section of the Launcher tab ARE checked. When I click on the icon It still says it is untrusted. What do do now? Am I missing anything?

The icons on the desktop look like this
Screenshot_2023-02-12_06-35-51

Can you help with this?

Where do I get the ffmpeg-codecs that is built for aarch64?

One subject per topic, please. Please do not crosspost.

Sorry won’t do it again