Desktop Display

Have Manjaro 4.9.90, but like the desktop (screen) from Manjaro 0.8.2. Is it possible? How?

Tips for posting

Use a “keyword search” to make sure your question has not already been asked. For example “failed to verify key” or “sound is muted”.

Make sure you include enough detail so people know what you are running. A useful command is inxi -Fxz; copy and paste the text and format as “code” (e.g. use the </> button above).

If possible, paste text rather than upload a photo. Text is easier to read, searchable, and takes up less space on the server. Please don’t upload high-resolution photos.

For more information read this post: How to provide good information in your posts

Remember to remove all of this help text before you post.

No idea what you mean. Manjaro .iso release is currently on 17.1.2. Are you talking about the wallpaper ?

Manjaro ver. 0.8.2 desktop has a black background with an orange clock…this is what i want! However, If Im correct, I have ver. 4.9.90 (Although ver. 0.8.2 was the last ver). I guess my question is: Can i go backwards without loosing something? I really want that desktop…whatever you call it.

I shoulda mentioned its XFCE.

Do you mean a wallpaper as background for the desktop?

Yes, with the orange working clock.

You just lose security.

Could be a conky clock.
grafik

This is what Im talking about. https://wiki.manjaro.org/index.php/Install_Desktop_Environments . It is the 1st pic.

2012?

Search the conky clock and current logo Wallpaper :wink:
and put it together in a current manjaro.

Zusammenfassung

File:XfceDE.png

File:XfceDE.png

Size of this preview: 800 × 489 pixels.

Original file ‎(1,008 × 616 pixels, file size: 619 KB, MIME type: image/png)

File history

Click on a date/time to view the file as it appeared at that time.

Date/Time Thumbnail Dimensions User Comment
current 22:44, 12 October 2012 Thumbnail for version as of 22:44, 12 October 2012 1

Exactly! Lol…I know its 2012, however, ver. 4.9.90 doesnt give me that option. Will i loose anything if i go with this?

OHHHHHH Page 39 :smiley:

Thanx very much! Makin’ me happier! SGS…You officially ROCK!!!

Wow! Gonna be scrollin’ for awhile. Thanx again!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.