Desktop, applications, all have a purple tint to them after update

After updating on stable channel everything now has a purple tint. How do I restore color back to normal?

Would put in a screenshot, but with new account evidently I’m not able to upload or link to anything.

Inxi --graphics output is:

Graphics:
  Device-1: AMD Ellesmere Radeon RX 470/480/570/570X/580/580X/590
  driver: amdgpu v: kernel 
  Display: x11 server: X.org 1.20.11 driver: loaded: amdgpu,ati 
  unloaded: modesetting resolution: missing: xdpyinfo
  OpenGL: renderer: Radeon RX 580 Series POLARIS10 DRM 3.35.0 
  5.4.131-1-MANJARO LLVM 12.0.0
  v: 4.6 Mesa 21.1.4

mhwd --listinstalled output is:

NAME               VERSION          FREEDRIVER           TYPE
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
           video-linux            2018.05.04                true            PCI

lsb_release --all output is:

GNOME version 40.2.0
Graphics Radeon RX 580 Series
DISTRIB_ID=ManjaroLinux
DISTRIB_RELEASE=21.1.0
DISTRIB_CODENAME=Pahvo
DISTRIB_DESCRIPTION="Manjaro Linux"

How should I proceed?

Is the nightmode switch turned on? Disabling it, does the screen returns to usual color profile?

1 Like

:+1: Welcome to Manjaro! :+1:

1. Please read this:
    How to provide good information
    and post some more information so we can see what’s really going on. Now we know the symptom of the disease, but we need some more probing to know where the origin lies… :grin:

2. An inxi --admin --verbosity=7 --filter --no-host --width would be the minimum required information for us to be able to help you. (Personally Identifiable Information like serial numbers and MAC addresses will be filtered out by the above command)
    Also, please copy-paste that output in-between 3 backticks ``` at the beginning and end of the code/text.

3. Please read this

4. In the future, when providing code/output, please copy-paste that output in-between 3 backticks ``` at the beginning and end of the code/text so that the output looks like this:

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua.
    Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat.
    Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur.
    Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

instead of like this:

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.`

(as that makes both our lives much easier)

5. No need to do anything right now as I’m a moderator here on this site and have fixed it for you already. However, in the future I might not see your post so review my edits by pushing the orange pencil above the post I just fixed. :wink:

:+1:

P.S. If you enter a bit more details in your profile, we can also see which Desktop Environment you’re using, which CPU/GPU or Kernel, … you have without typing it every time