Deepin Manjaro waiting room

The problem of the notebook does not detect a Wi-Fi network is because of dde or is it because of being beta version?

Another thing, it would be nice to have a meta deepin interface package so that users can manage the dde more easily

Nenhum dos dois, por causa da migração da interface para outra platarforma e incompatibilidade com algumas aplcações, ele está sendo portado e corrigido aos poucos.

Last update: the power off button still does not work and the network icon does not yet show the existing networks in the dock, the other problems have been solved, so you can remove the ignored packages, those that have been downgraded.

To turn off, it can be through the terminal or go to the control center, turn it on and off by pressing the off switch.

Yes, confirming the power off button bug. Also selecting Wallpaper and Screensaver still causes the taskbar to disappear/crash.

You may download nightly builds of Manjaro Deepin from Github.

2 Likes

I can’t install 21.0 pre distro. Installer stucks on formatting partition step and drops an exception

Releases · manjaro-deepin/download · GitHub can some 1 help me with download work but cant open it with winrar iso also dont work

Wut? Use Virtualbox to build an iso from this iso.

no idear how to do is just like too install it on hhd and use it as second
os

Ah l guess you can’t because of the z01 file? The iso was split because it was too large between the .zip and the .z01 file.

Maybe with a 7zip or other it could work, me I use terminal.
Download first the zip and z01 files.
Use something as cat xx.iso.zip xx.iso.z01 > new.zip to merge the 2 files together, then unzip new.zip to obtain the iso.

Then, you may use any program as Ventoy, Etcher, … to flash this iso onto an USB stick.

1 Like

thx for the help
this is too complected for me
gezz gone give up on manjaro deepin for now again

is deepin-kwin running windows effect for anyone ? Seems to have been broken for some time now.

maybe it’s just my system…

i got my problem fixed with winrar and that extra file i neat all good now

Falav thx
for the help again

Nice I was able to get it going… multi-tasking view doesn’t work… but windows effects now working.

it isn’t possible to take a bundle of deepin core packages that work and throw them to stable and not update them until another bundle is ready? I mean deepin is not like kde or gnome that need to be constantly updated because other apps depend on their libraries (i think)

We are currently testing new ISOs for Deepin

https://download.manjaro.org/deepin/21.0.2/manjaro-deepin-21.0.2-minimal-210422-linux510.iso

1 Like

Note that Deepin DE’s window manager depends on kwin (Plasma’s window manager).

In any case, this is my last post on Deepin DE as I’ve finally deleted my Archdeepin install after 2+ years. I originally installed Archdeepin to help test it for ant (member from our old forum, also known as antechdesigns), who was the dev of that distro. And I kept my install long after he gave up on it, but now it’s time for me to call it quits. It’s too much bother and is really not a DE fit for fast rolling distros like Arch-based ones.

Even if philm tests and provides a fresh iso with DDE, frankly all it will mean is that the user will have a new install where the starting point works and looks good. Once the user starts the regular rounds of updates though, I am skeptical how long DDE will go without compositing breaking, or something else being buggy. The user intent on using DDE on Arch-based distros will just have to bear with all the issues.

Deepin is a different beast and most likely not working with Arch-based and rolling distro concepts. However we try to reboot our effort as we have now a part-time paid developer looking over the Deepin edition. Also one of our Partners has some interest in getting Deepin properly supported via Manjaro. Let’s see how it goes.

4 Likes

A solution I think would be possible is to replace the dependancies of the deepin packages for renamed packages example: deepin-package-1 depends on package-base-1, as package-base-1 is going to be updated take that package and rename it to something like package-base-1-deepin and not update those packages until another bundle comes, I have to do something similar for getting beignet-aur to work (rename llvm9 to llvm90) and it works perfect till now, that way you could have and outdated version for deepin and an updated version for everyone else, is it factible or is just an illusino? (sorry for bad examples and lexicon english is not my language)