Crash proof Mount and Blade Bannerlord?

Hey all, anyone here play Bannerlord? I’m able to play it using Steam and Proton, but it very frequently crashes my entire computer. Have you all done anything in particular to crash proof your system from steam games?

Provide at least your system info when you ask for help so people know your hardware at minimum.

Also what version of Proton are you using in Steam Settings (or in the game properties if you set specific Proton per game)?
Did you try to disable/enable esync or fsync?

According to ProtonDB the game seems to work.

Here is a Steam guide for the game on Proton, not sure info is relevant or up to date [GUIDE/STATUS] Bannerlord on Linux w/ Proton :: Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord [EN] General Discussions

Check the game log for the crashes and why they occur.

I didn’t want to post all of my computer specs yet. I was asking a more general question if people do anything in particular to prevent crashes from playing steam games. As they can often be rather buggy.

But my last crash was from Mount and Blade, so that’s why it’s my Title.

I just use the latest version of proton I can use via steam. I have not tried E or F sync. I can only do VSync… :frowning:

I should check the game logs. I didn’t think about it for some reason.

I don’t have crashes with all of my Steam games, Linux native or Windows with SteamPlay/Proton (Actually I have one specific Proton game that will crash after I disable my second monitor but I know it so I reboot after disabling my second monitor and it doesn’t crash when I play it).

There is no answer to your non question then.

You can have a look here https://www.protondb.com/help or here GitHub - ValveSoftware/Proton: Compatibility tool for Steam Play based on Wine and additional components for some documentation.

First you should search why your games crash. Then you can seek for solutions.

//EDIT:

Also… :rofl: that has nothing to do with Vsync. esync and fsync are Proton specific runtime options, to enable/disable some features in Proton (see Proton link above)

noesync PROTON_NO_ESYNC Do not use eventfd-based in-process synchronization primitives.
nofsync PROTON_NO_FSYNC Do not use futex-based in-process synchronization primitives. (Automatically disabled on systems with no FUTEX_WAIT_MULTIPLE support.)

Oh thank you, I didn’t know about the F or E sync options in Proton. I haven’t explored much in Proton, I’m just really glad it exists and I can game on Linux. I want to help contribute to it, and well, much of Linux, but I’m just trying to feel my way around.

I’ll definitely take a look at that Github link to Proton. Thank you Omano!