Corrupted boot partition straight after install

Hi guys,

I have been trying to install linux on my desktop for quite a while but have run in to a number of different issues over the months.

every time I try to install any OS be it POP!OS, Manjaro or Windows, I get stuck in a boot loop.

I think that the boot partition is corrupting on boot which may be due to a hardware issue as this computer also has MCE problems that caused it to crash on boot without adding “nomce” to the boot options. See this thread for similar issue

on the most recent attempt to install I don’t see grub and then get failed to start authorisation manager, when I try to follow this thread, the PC crashes due to what can only be the MCE issue stated above.

something else to note, this is not a new PC I have had windows runnign on it for years and only last week was Manjaro running fine. I only removed it to migrate OS between SSDs. I have cleared CMOS, updated the BIOS and checked all the disks’ health too while trying to fix this.

Any help would be appreciated, if not a fix a nudge in the right direction to the potential culprit of my hardware failure. You guys do the lords work on these forums.

how have you created theses isos ?

The usual way, download from official site, check the hash, burn to USB with rufus/balena etcher. It’s always worked for me in the past.

Please read this:

and post some more information so we can see what’s really going on. Now we know the symptom of the disease, but we need some more probing to know where the origin lies…

An inxi --admin --verbosity=7 --filter --no-host would be the minimum required information… (Personally Identifiable Information like serial numbers and MAC addresses will be filtered out by the above command)

Does running it from the USB without installing work?

:innocent: