Colour Coded KDE Konsole?

Hi everyone!

I would like to know if I could make the KDE Konsole look like the Manjaro-Gnome Terminal?

I think it looked quite nice with the colour coding and the ~ >>> command starting point.
Is it also possible to make the output text also colour coded like this?

1 Like

I think you need to customize/change the shell.

//EDIT: yep, quick google for “kde konsole change shell” yields some interesting results I think you can go from there :wink:

1 Like

That just looks like zsh to me…

1 Like

You can check what’s inside your ~/.zshrc in Gnome, copy/adapt it to your KDE system, install if not already done zsh and set is as default shell.

I think zsh is part of a default KDE installation. I changed the ‘command’ in Konsole preference from bash to zsh and it works after restarting Konsole, and I don’t remember installing it myself.

2 Likes

zsh with powerlevel10k most likely

It’s in the official repo

Gnome for sure, not the case from not too recent KDE isos (if I remember well), I didn’t check the latest available.

I was wondering, does it exist, a list of all default applications by DE iso?

Yes you can download the ISO profiles and check the packages list.

//EDIT: from a quick look it seems manjaro-zsh-config is part of Packages-Root which seems to be common for all DE.

Right, so I changed the profile command from /bin/bash to /bin/zsh and it looks perfect, thanks guys!!!

I just tried this and worked like a charm. Thanks man.

Then you have in your home folder the file .zshrc to customize it.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.