Change GRUB Resolution Scaling

How to change grub resolution scaling? I have set 125% scaling in gnome. GRUB is looking very small. Want 125% res. scaling in grub.

That’s not how grub works.

Set a resolution in /etc/default/grub and rebuild your grub config.

Or you would have to either modify the existing theme, find a suitable grub theme or create one yourself.

There is a couple of premade themes in the repo - just search for grub theme

2 Likes

Info about this is given in /etc/default/grub:

The resolution used on graphical terminal
note that you can use only modes which your graphic card supports via VBE
you can see them in real GRUB with the command ‘videoinfo’
GRUB_GFXMODE=auto

Uncomment to allow the kernel use the same resolution used by grub
GRUB_GFXPAYLOAD_LINUX=keep

You can set to any resolution that appears in grub > videoinfo (enter grub, press c to enter command line and issue command videoinfo). Change auto and keep to preffered resolution in /etc/default/grub, save file and sudo update-grub:

GRUB_GFXMODE=1024x768
GRUB_GFXPAYLOAD_LINUX=1024x768

Yup I have already tried changing gfxmode resolution to 1440*900 (after checking xrandr)…but isn’t working…
I have changed the font size in tela.txt in Tela theme’s folder and did grub-update but didn’t work. I am thinking of downloading the low res version of tela theme or I have to make custom grub fonts I think.

It won’t work because grub doesn’t care about your themes and stuff. Read the above post again.

1 Like

this is now vbeinfo ( before videoinfo )

1 Like

Changing the resolution results in blurry text & image in grub menu… I have edited the theme.txt file and increased the menu font size. Now everything is looking fine & sharp.

Videoinfo is also working