Can't use my bash prompt powerline shell customization broken after current update

Hello all,

I customized my bash prompt with powerline_shell a while ago and was having no problems at all. I upgraded my system to the current Manjaro version and now when I open the terminal I get only this text:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/powerline-shell", line 5, in <module>
    from powerline_shell import main
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'powerline_shell'

I looked in my .bashrc file to see it the powerline code was still there and it was. I am not sure how to get back my customized bash prompt. I can take the powerline_shell code out of the .bashrc file and see what happens, but wanted to ask here first before I do anything. I wanted to post my system info with the inxi command but only the text above shows in terminal. Thanks in advance for any help provided.

Here is some info on my system:

Operating System: Manjaro Linux
KDE Plasma Version: 5.20.4
KDE Frameworks Version: 5.77.0
Qt Version: 5.15.2
Kernel Version: 5.10.2-2-MANJARO
OS Type: 64-bit
Processors: 2 × Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU T6600 @ 2.20GHz
Memory: 3.7 GiB of RAM
Graphics Processor: Mesa DRI Mobile Intel® GM45 Express Chipset

You need to rebuild your Python AUR packages after the upgrade to 3.9:

Tip: powerline-go is better. :wink:

1 Like

This is python error message - which happens a lot when Manjaro rolls out new python versions 3.8 -> 3.9 recently.

Thanks Yochanan,

I will come back when done. Also I will check your powerline-go sugestion. Thanks for the tip. I will report any errors if any. Thanks for your help.

Thanks linux-aarhus,

I will keep that in mind. Time to put your post too in my Linux notes :smile:

Yochanan,

I solved the problem by installing Phyton 3.9 build, but I had to also go back and install Powerline again. Now I am back in business. Thanks again :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.