Can't login even after entering right password , stuck in login screen loop

I recently used sudo Pacman -Syu firefox to update my system and install Firefox , but after the system update the font on my system kinda glitched so rebooted my laptop . Now i am stuck at login screen loop , so i opened the tty and entered the startx command. startx returns an error.

xauth: file /root/.Xauthority does not exist

You need to login as user (not root)

Welcome to Manjaro! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1. Please read the information behind this link. It will help you to post necessary information.

[HowTo] Provide System Information

1. Please press the three dots … below your post and then press the :pencil2:
  • If you give us information about your system, we can see what we’re talking about and make better suggestions.
  • You can do this by using inxi in a terminal or in console.
sudo inxi --admin --verbosity=7 --filter --no-host --width
  • Personally identifiable information such as serial numbers and MAC addresses are filtered out by this command
  • Presenting the information in this way allows everyone to be familiar with the format and quickly find the items they need without missing anything.
  1. Copy the output from inxi (including the command) and paste it into your post.
  • To make it more readable, add 3 backticks ``` on an extra line before and after the pasted text.

(Wisdom lies in reading :wink: )

1 Like

Being stuck at the login screen and your need to open a tty is indicating you are already at the GUI login screen…
Which means you should not try to start X again…

Asking wrongly worded questions results in wrong assistance…

2 Likes

At the login screen press Ctrl+Alt+F2. Then at the login prompt type your usename. The password shows next, so type your password. If both were correct your home account prompt will follow.

Type df, and check that your root partition is not full, and if you have a separate home partition, that is not full either.