Today I tried to turn on my bluetooth speakers and it failed to pair.
I removed the device from the list to try to pair it again. But it would not be found.
I enabled bluetooth on other devices, like my phone, but it doesn’t appear for the computer.
[picture of the bluetooth searching for devices - it doesn’t let me add images/links here]
Also, my phone can see everything as avaialbe, including the computer.
But when I try to connect from the phone to the computer, it gets stuck in “Connect” until it fails and resets the list.
The phone connects without a problem to the bluetooth speaker.
- to turn on/off the bluetooth device
- to power off/on the computer.
- to scan for other bluetooth devices besides the speaker (it cannot find a thing)
- to follow the troubleshoot in (arch linux bluetooth page) it doesn’t let me add url
- reset the CMOS (as I saw in some posts here that people had success reseting CMOS)
Yesterday was the first time I powered off the computer in a while.
The last thing I did with the bluetooth was to watch some netflix before bedtime, then before I turned the computer off I also updated 2 packages:
Past week I also updated a bunch of packages:
Here are some of the commands that I used when following the troubleshoot:
systemctl status bluetooth
● bluetooth.service - Bluetooth service Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/bluetooth.service; enabled; vendor preset: disabled) Active: active (running) since Fri 2020-09-18 15:13:13 MDT; 1min 39s ago Docs: man:bluetoothd(8) Main PID: 1259 (bluetoothd) Status: "Running" Tasks: 1 (limit: 38449) Memory: 2.8M CGroup: /system.slice/bluetooth.service └─1259 /usr/lib/bluetooth/bluetoothd set 18 15:13:13 pc bluetoothd: Bluetooth daemon 5.54 set 18 15:13:13 pc systemd: Started Bluetooth service. set 18 15:13:13 pc bluetoothd: Starting SDP server set 18 15:13:13 pc bluetoothd: Bluetooth management interface 1.17 initialized set 18 15:13:16 pc bluetoothd: Endpoint registered: sender=:1.53 path=/MediaEndpoint/A2DPSink/sbc set 18 15:13:16 pc bluetoothd: Endpoint registered: sender=:1.53 path=/MediaEndpoint/A2DPSource/sbc set 18 15:13:20 pc bluetoothd: Endpoint unregistered: sender=:1.53 path=/MediaEndpoint/A2DPSink/sbc set 18 15:13:20 pc bluetoothd: Endpoint unregistered: sender=:1.53 path=/MediaEndpoint/A2DPSource/sbc set 18 15:13:22 pc bluetoothd: Endpoint registered: sender=:1.82 path=/MediaEndpoint/A2DPSink/sbc set 18 15:13:22 pc bluetoothd: Endpoint registered: sender=:1.82 path=/MediaEndpoint/A2DPSource/sbc
Controller AD:DR:ES:SM:AC (public) Name: pc Alias: pc Class: 0x00000000 Powered: yes Discoverable: yes DiscoverableTimeout: 0x00000000 Pairable: yes UUID: Message Notification Se.. (UUID) UUID: A/V Remote Control (UUID) UUID: OBEX Object Push (UUID) UUID: Message Access Server (UUID) UUID: PnP Information (UUID) UUID: IrMC Sync (UUID) UUID: Vendor specific (UUID) UUID: Headset AG (UUID) UUID: A/V Remote Control Target (UUID) UUID: Generic Attribute Profile (UUID) UUID: Phonebook Access Server (UUID) UUID: Audio Sink (UUID) UUID: Generic Access Profile (UUID) UUID: Headset (UUID) UUID: Audio Source (UUID) UUID: OBEX File Transfer (UUID) Modalias: usb:ID Discovering: no Advertising Features: ActiveInstances: 0x00 (0) SupportedInstances: 0x05 (5) SupportedIncludes: tx-power SupportedIncludes: appearance SupportedIncludes: local-name SupportedSecondaryChannels: 1M SupportedSecondaryChannels: 2M SupportedSecondaryChannels: Coded
Set scan parameters failed: Connection timed out
lsmod | grep blue
bluetooth 720896 43 btrtl,btintel,btbcm,bnep,btusb,rfcomm ecdh_generic 16384 2 bluetooth rfkill 28672 8 bluetooth,cfg80211 crc16 16384 2 bluetooth,ext4
Devices: hci0 AD:DR:ES:SM:AC
0: phy0: Wireless LAN Soft blocked: no Hard blocked: no 1: hci0: Bluetooth Soft blocked: no Hard blocked: no
bluetoothctl scan on
First it shows nothing. If I run it again I get
Failed to start discovery: org.bluez.Error.InProgress
Does anyone have any idea what else should I try or what I am missing here ?
Thank you very much.