Cannot upgrade to KDE plasma 5.27

Hi! first post ever right here. I am fairly new to Manjaro and I know that in February plasma 5.27 got released, but even though I am using the latest kernel I cannot seem to find the update. When I look in the AUR repositories the latest available is the one I have installed:

KDE Plasma Workspace 5.26.5-3

Other than that my system is fully up to date and have been waiting for a long time to get the update. Any idea on how to get it?

Thank you very much in advance!

1 Like

Welcome to the forum! :wave:

Did you search before posting? :mag: :wink:

3 Likes

The other option is unstable or testing branch

sudo pacman-mirrors -aS unstable && sudo pacman -Syyu

After a few minutes and a reboot you will have Plasma 5.27.2

System:
  Host: tiger Kernel: 6.2.6-1-MANJARO arch: x86_64 bits: 64 compiler: gcc
    v: 12.2.1 Desktop: KDE Plasma v: 5.27.2 tk: Qt v: 5.15.8 wm: kwin_wayland
    vt: 1 dm: SDDM Distro: Manjaro Linux base: Arch Linux
2 Likes

I recommend getting it from testing and then go back to stable. In the command given above, just change the world unstable to testing/stable whenever you want to change the branch.

Of course, do a backup before such update.

1 Like

I would add one thing to michaldybczaโ€™s comment. You mentioned you were new to Manjaro, if you are also new to Linux as well, I would wait on the stable branch to release 5.27.
If you know what you are doing and the difference between stable/unstable/testing - have fun.

3 Likes

Thank you very much for forwarding that post and the patience. I searched in the forum but clearly not well enough, given that that answer it pretty explicit!.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.