Can use ISO with linux54 (19.0.2) but not with linux56 (20.0.3, 20.1rc6) - i3-3770S - GTX 1050 Ti

I should mention that I tried installing Fedora 32…the exact same thing happens there too…no internet…I click install and the installer tries to start and then disappears!!!

So you can boot into live usb session? Have you checked your bios settings? Is secure boot off

how did you create the iso ?
with which tool ?

Yes I can if I select non free driver
Secure boot is off

Ventoy
I previously tried Rufus…same issue there

It is like I can boot into the live usb but nothing in there works properly

Bt why it is happening I don’t understand!

can you boot on USB iso manjaro
this will launch calamares in debug

open a terminal

sudo -E calmares -d

I can boot and open terminal
Bt nothing works properly in the live entertainment
Any command I type gives me nothing…the cursor just jumps to next line and starts blinking

And the debug file is completely empty
:persevere::persevere::persevere:
And I don’t have internet in live environment…

Isos with newer kernels than 5.4 isn’t installing!!

I have a similar problem with not completing the install from a USB stick. I’m attempting to install alongside Win 10. I have all the secure boot and signature settings setup and it does boot from the usb. It fails at the very end of the process.
I appreciate the help. What other information do you need? Apparently I can’t include the links in this output so I don’t know how to send the output
Grover

Here is the output:
[manjaro%manjaro ~]$ inxi -Fxza --no-host
System:
Kernel: 5.6.15-1-MANJARO x86_64 bits: 64 compiler: gcc v: 10.1.0
parameters: BOOT_IMAGE=/boot/vmlinuz-x86_64 lang=en_US keytable=us tz=UTC
driver=free nouveau.modeset=1 i915.modeset=1 radeon.modeset=1
misobasedir=manjaro misolabel=MANJARO_XFCE_2003 quiet
systemd.show_status=1 apparmor=1 security=apparmor
Desktop: Xfce 4.14.2 Distro: Manjaro Linux

If Fedora installer did not work too, I think the problem is on your machine. Bad Usb port? Have you tried to change usb port when you create the iso?
In your machine there is another S.O. to try usb ports?
Check in your Bios the usb settings…

Hello @Computer_Email23, sorry for the delay, but after reading everything now, i could swear that your usb drive has I/O Errors.

Reasons:

1. Iso is not downloaded correctly and have errors,
  2. Usb drive has “badblocks” which cause Iinput/Output errors. (sometimes they are just not visible)

I would rather expect that the usb drive is about to die.
You can use the sha1 code to check if the image matches code.
Replace the usb drive.

Hello @groverc!

This could be more that problem:

Solution: Don’t install a office suite, when it ask.

1 Like

I can install any os from the same usb port and usb stick(using a 120gb ssd)…only isos with kernel newer than 5.4 is causing the problem (I think so)

Usb drive(120gb ssd) is fine because I can install any other os with it
The problem is just with isos with new kernels!
Strange :confused::confused:

1 Like

How to enable secure boot in manjaro?
Can you send me a link for guidance?

Could you start a live session with this iso? We not more information, what causes your problem.

manjaro-xfce-19.0.2-200311-linux54.iso

So it seems you have a problem with the kernels higher than linux54.

Please post then the output of:

manjaro-architect-20.0.3-200607-linux56.iso could be a workaround? but needs a internet connection.

Disable secure boot in the UEFI. It makes more trouble than it helps.

As new user you can’t upload pictures, but you can upload it to https://freeimage.host/ for example and put the links as code here. add " `" at the beginning at at the end:

https://freeimage.host/

Have look here for understanding the trustlevels: Understanding Discourse Trust Levels

It’s perfectly possible what you observe.
Ok, then look for the latest ISO with linux54 and install that one. You can use Manjaro Architect installer on that ISO. This way you should avoid issues with GPG signatures and many packages that need an update.