Buzzing sound (probably after updates)

sounds good, then what’s next?

well since you already have installed pipewire, thats not much you can do… your hardware is probably too new, so it has not yet good support…

it is wired there is no such problem before… not sure if it is because of the update or not as I updated two days ago and the problem is happened today… any sanity check that can be done?

so your speakers were working fine before the update?

sorry I edited that. The speaker never worked (I believe it is just an issue can’t fix now), the output sounds worked well before. And there are noises output from internal when open apps with sounds or notifications with sound come in. Also, the sounds from the monitor is no longer working as well now (worked before as well)

so the built in speakers didnt worked, but the output like headphones, etc did?

Yup. They are working now as well except the noise

i read somewhere that there was some issue with wireplumber… do you have it installed?

output of the wireplumber

C 04:28:08.241743               GLib (null):(null):(null): Failed to set scheduler settings: Operation not permitted
W 04:28:08.266556  spa.bluez5.native ../pipewire/spa/plugins/bluez5/backend-native.c:1445:sco_listen: listen(): Address already in use
W 04:28:08.269205  spa.bluez5.native ../pipewire/spa/plugins/bluez5/backend-native.c:1929:register_profile_reply: RegisterProfile() failed: org.bluez.Error.NotPermitted
W 04:28:08.271774  spa.bluez5.native ../pipewire/spa/plugins/bluez5/backend-native.c:1929:register_profile_reply: RegisterProfile() failed: org.bluez.Error.NotPermitted
W 04:28:08.580549           GLib-GIO (null):(null):(null): Unexpected reply 3 when releasing name org.freedesktop.ReserveDevice1.Audio0
W 04:28:08.597941           GLib-GIO (null):(null):(null): Unexpected reply 3 when releasing name org.freedesktop.ReserveDevice1.Audio0
W 04:28:08.628681           GLib-GIO (null):(null):(null): Unexpected reply 3 when releasing name org.freedesktop.ReserveDevice1.Audio0
W 04:28:08.655206           GLib-GIO (null):(null):(null): Unexpected reply 3 when releasing name org.freedesktop.ReserveDevice1.Audio0

i just want to know if its installed? open the add/remove software app and search for, if its installed uninstall it, and install pipewire-media-session and reboot and test if you have tha same issue

1 Like
could not satisfy dependencies:
- removing wireplumber breaks dependency 'pipewire-session-manager' required by gst-plugin-pipewire

not sure if uninstall the conflicts is safe…

yes uninstall first the session-manager then wireplumber and install the pipewire-media-session, reboot

1 Like

The buzzing sound goes away! interesting… though the hdmi monitor still had no output sound. btw do you remember where you read about issues about wireplumber? just curious…

cant remember where exactly, but it was recently 1-2 days ago … and had the monitor output before the update?

Yes. :frowning:

do you think it can be fixed? it is due to update or some misconfiguration? it is minor, but just like to make everything stable lol

since it happened after the update, its probably related, but i have no idea how to fix it, except to wait for another update of kernels/sof-firmware/pipewire …

I see sounds good ! Thank you so much!!!

this topic

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.