[Bug] SDDM can't reuse session

I have one user, if I click switch user the session is closed then SDDM appears, I type my password then press enter but the splash screen freezes indefinitely and I should manually force power off my laptop to use it again.

The solution is to set ReuseSession to true in /etc/sddm.conf , I don’t know why Manjaro has false as default value which causes problems and prevents reusing current session.
See 434370 – Switch user fails

Operating System: Manjaro Linux
KDE Plasma Version: 5.21.3
KDE Frameworks Version: 5.80.0
Qt Version: 5.15.2
Kernel Version: 5.4.105-1-MANJARO
OS Type: 64-bit
Graphics Platform: X11

This? Login hanging solution! - #4 by mireiner

For me everything works. I also have only one user. I tested some combinations:

• ReuseSession=true, switch user, type password and Enter – works
  • ReuseSession=false, switch user, type password and Enter – works
  • remove this parameter, switch user, type password and Enter – works

After every change in /etc/sddm.conf I rebooted the computer for sure that settings are applied.

So my conclusion is that ReuseSession don’t make any difference in this matter. The problem lay somewhere else.

Did you switch with only one user.

Yes, with only one user. Everything was fine.

Weird, on my machine when I switch user, SDDM jumps to another tty (from tty1 to tty2) and tries to create new Plasma session with same user.

It’s another odd thing – for me when I click on “Switch user” it moves me to lock screen, it doesn’t try logout or login to another session.

It’s not the same problem, mine is caused by faulty settings in SDDM that causes it to start new session on another tty with same user that has already opened session on another tty.