Bluetooth of my Logitech mouse sometimes not-working

Bluetooth of my Logitech mouse sometimes (once several hours) not-working.

It says that I have connected and trusted but the cursor does not move

https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Bluetooth_mouse#Problems_with_the_Logitech_BLE_mouse_(M557,_M590,_anywhere_mouse_2,_etc)

This works but the easiest way to solve is disable and enable the bluetooth.

System:
  Kernel: 5.15.5-2-MANJARO x86_64 bits: 64 compiler: gcc v: 11.1.0
  parameters: BOOT_IMAGE=/boot/vmlinuz-5.15-x86_64
  root=UUID=2dd199a6-cd74-492a-a647-27b44ee72170 rw quiet loglevel=3
  nowatchdog udev.log_priority=3
  Desktop: KDE Plasma 5.23.4 tk: Qt 5.15.2 wm: kwin_x11 vt: 1 dm: SDDM
  Distro: Manjaro Linux base: Arch Linux
Bluetooth:
  Device-1: Intel AX210 Bluetooth type: USB driver: btusb v: 0.8
  bus-ID: 3-10:7 chip-ID: 8087:0032 class-ID: e001
  Report: rfkill ID: hci0 rfk-id: 4 state: up address: see --recommends

Hi, it seems it’s a problem with the firmware for the 210 module, there are a few posts about it.

1 Like

Yes, it has been working improperly a long time ago, since about 5.14 kernel, and worse in 5.15 kernel.

AX210 kernel 5.15 Gigabyte X570s motherboard. Hover over Bluetooth status give popup “No adapter available.”

I’ve been having the same issue. Bluetooth fails to connect to my headphones and when I try to forget and re-pair the device it just shows that there is no bluetooth adapter (I have a AX200). In my case even the KDE GUI is messed up in the taskbar/panel

Note: In the image is says connected, but that is not the case.
Note2: on 5.14 the same graphical bug appears, but goes away (the gray lines goes down) after successfully connecting

I’ve been able to verify this problem only exists on kernel 5.15.2-2 (5.14.18-1 works fine)

P.S.: While writing this post I’ve noticed my mouse failed, then my keyboard and ended up needing to restart my computer. Because of this, I presume it may be a problem with the usb ports on 5.15 (since the Bluetooth on the adapter uses a USB header). That would also explain why the Wifi still works fine.

Some info:
Wifi adapter: Intel AX200
Motherboard: Gigabyte AB350M-DS3H V2
CPU: Ryzen 3 PRO 2200g
Manjaro KDE

1 Like

Hello, I have an AX 200 bluetooth module in my laptop, I made a few things, I can’t exactly tell the one that fixed the issue, so i’ll just tell what i’ve done.

1. upgrade to the 5.14 kernel (the latest at that time)

2. in the archlinux forums, this post Intel Ax200 bluetooth not working / Newbie Corner / Arch Linux Forums says that upgrading the firmware fix the issue.

3. I looked the manufacturers website, and the latest bios said that had a fix for BT devices recovery unstable issue so I updated the bios… I did all this, and now I suspend the laptop without issues, my logitech ergo m575 now reconnects without having to restart the pc after going to suspend.

I hope this helps.

But it has not fixed in the 5.15.6-1-MANJARO kernel. It disconnected just now.

And when this page has posted, it has been 5.15.5-2-MANJARO

Update: now I am updating to 5.15.6-2-MANJARO, see if better

looks like its solved!

1 Like

Confirmed! (At least for me) it seems to be working fine on 5.15.6-2 now!

Btw, I love the irony of the comment you linked: “A miracle! THANK YOU, DEVS!” :laughing:

2 Likes

Merry Christmas! :smiley:

1 Like

This issue occured just now.

Linux ThinkPad 5.15.7-1-MANJARO

I am on unstable branch

1 Like