Black desktop background after update / upgrade

After upgrade / update from ManjaroLinux 22.0.5 to 22.1.0 my desktop screen is black and even I do not have any access to any right mouse click menu on the desktop for setting a new one.
To be sure it is an upgrade problem I have reseted with timeshift to 22.0.5. The background was there again. Having done a pacman database update and an upgrade again to 22.1.0 my desktop was gone again, simply black no right mouse menu access.
So it is definitely an upgrade problem. Thanks for your help.

Here my hardware information:
Operating System: Manjaro Linux
KDE Plasma Version: 5.27.3
KDE Frameworks Version: 5.104.0
Qt Version: 5.15.8
Kernel Version: 6.1.21-1-MANJARO (64-bit)
Graphics Platform: X11
Processors: 8 × Intel® Core™ i5-8250U CPU @ 1.60GHz
Memory: 23.4 GiB of RAM
Graphics Processor: Mesa Intel® UHD Graphics 620
Manufacturer: HP
Product Name: HP ProBook 450 G5

You tagged nvidia but in the information you shared looks like you have:

And probably that means is related to this

or that you have a laptop with hybrid GPUs and hence you have to add the kernel parameter: ibt=off
See here:

May be I am wrong but it looks there is also nvidia. I have attached the hardware configuration.

Yes, this seems the case. I have followed your instructions respectively that one of brahma. I have done a reboot and now it works.
Still I had an error message while booting something like this:
“error: no such cryptodisk found …”.

It said press any key to continue.

The blackscreen is gone now after the new settings in grub.

After another software installation the black screen came back even though the done settings
Prime driver not working for my dual gpu laptop remained.
Going into system settings → display settings: I have changed to another resolution and than back to my original. By this workaround the black screen was gone. Obviously there is a problem with graphic card driver.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.