Battery indicator doesn't update

Hello Manjaro community!

After a recent upgrade on my Lenovo Ideapad my battery indicator in Plasma doesn’t update anymore. Especially after it was in suspend (S3) state, the battery value doesn’t change anymore. It seems that KDE uses the value from upower(d) which is also wrong:

[martin@kaylee ~]$ acpi
Battery 0: Discharging, 86%, 06:33:06 remaining
[martin@kaylee ~]$ inxi -B
Battery:
  ID-1: BAT0 charge: 28.2 Wh (86.8%) condition: 32.5/35.0 Wh (93.0%)
[martin@kaylee ~]$ upower -d | grep percentage
    percentage:          93%
    percentage:          93%

Does anyone have an idea what I could try to fix it?

Regards
art1

1 Like

After restarting upowerd everything is fine again. Until the next suspend. So it seems that this is clearly a problem with upowerd and suspend/resume. A short research raises the impression that upower had this problem every now and then in the past … :frowning:

Facing the same issue, any solution to fix the issue?

I am also facing the same issue. I initially thought it was just my laptop, but it seems that others are facing it too. For what it’s worth, I’m using a Dell XPS 13 9360. It also seems to happen after waking up from a hibernate. If I remember correctly, plugging in the laptop also fixes the issue.

I couldn’t tell if it’s a bug in Manjaro or if it’s a KDE issue.

Facing the same issue here on my Legion 5

As @9a3eedi mentioned, plugging it in the charger fixes the issue until the next suspend.

I’m pretty sure this is a bug in upower. Running systemctl restart upower “solves” the issue. This update introduced the bug:

[2022-06-15T22:52:43+0200] [ALPM] upgraded upower (0.99.18-1 -> 0.99.19-1)
2 Likes

It’s a late post, but @art1sec your workaround was very helpful, thank you.

It seems that the bug has disappeared in the past few updates. So I’ll consider this issue solved :slight_smile: