My obs wasnt working and some thread here said to try switching to pipewire. I did that and obs worked yay. However it seems that something went wrong. Audio breaks after some time. For example youtube videos don’t play at all and I hear no audio from mp3 files. Restarting pipewire fixes it but it happens again after a few hours. Any ideas what might be the problem?
I checked the status and it had this printed around 10 times: spa.alsa: hw:3,0,0: (125 missed) snd_pcm_avail after recover: Broken pipe
I installed pipewire with the manjaro-pipewire package
Edit: I figured out that I can temporarely get around the issue by switching my audio source back and forth. I read about the same issue on the arch forums but they just said to wait. Is it fixed or is this still an issue on manjaro’s side?
I am using wireplumber. Most of the stuff online seem to use pipewire-media-session but that seems to be going deprecated soon. I kinda have the feeling that I don’t have wireplumber and/or pipewire in general configured properly
meaning you can remove them.
The files didnt exist before. If they didnt help then you can remove them.
Do inspect them though … maybe they were somehow malformed … and maybe you want to attempt the fix gain. Reference for that: PipeWire - ArchWiki
Alright something I didn’t notice is that the pipewire official documentation that is linked on the wiki actually mentions that you have to copy the files from /usr/share/wireplumber/main.lua.d/50-alsa-config.lua to /etc/wireplumber/main.lua.d/50-alsa-config.lua. I got the ["api-alsa-headroom"] = 1024 to work now. Time to see if it fixes the audio issue.