[ARM Stable Update] 2021-11-30 - Gnome 41, Pamac, LXQT 1.0, Firefox and Kernels

All it does is allow for one to run certain things if you are a member of the group “video” without having to use sudo.

1 Like

Update went without problems. Issue of last month about xorg-xwayland regression is still there ([ARM Stable Update] 2021-11-06 - Firefox, Thunderbird, Plasma, LibreOffice and Kernels - #20 by appelgriebsch).

hmm no issue on my end. I’m on latest testing though, but my xwayland version still sticks to 21.1.2-1 (which is known to be the last working version)…

EDIT: ahhh I see the updated version of xwayland to 21.1.3 made it to the stable branch update :frowning:

It didn’t. Stable branch also has 21.1.2.
The problem might be that the user already has 21.1.3. The update does not automatically downgrade packages. To update and downgrade at the same time, run sudo pacman -Syuu.

Hmmm but its listed here: ARM Stable update 2021-11-30 ($708) · Snippets · Snippets · GitLab

xorg-xwayland 21.1.2.901-1 21.1.3-1

That’s just because we didn’t block the one from Arch ARM, but we added an overlay instead.

So what i have to do ?

Please run

yay -Syyuu

to make a whole system upgrade.

It should ask you if you want to downgrade xorg-xwayland. Please do so.

Do

But I can’t ever call

What’s the issue?

if you haven’t yay installed, you can replace it with sudo pacman instead

I can not call

I have do sudo pacman -Syyuu

I have do yay -Syyuu

Same sentence now

There is nothing to do

I have restart pinephone

I can’t call

oh pardon… was referring to another issue in the chat :frowning:

Thank you, that helped the xorg-xwayland issue!
I didn’t notice, with the update of 2021-11-30, that one of the first lines mentioned the version difference.

I’m getting this issue: xorg-server and xf86-video-fbturbo-git are in conflict (X-ABI-VIDEODRV_VERSION). Remove xf86-video-fbturbo-git?

Not having been able to find this mentioned anywhere I’m a little leary of saying yes and breaking the video on my PbP

See the Issues And Solutions post (which is post number 2 in this thread) for explanation for that.

I only see xf86 mentioned in the first post around R.Pi and Kodi. I used the search in topic and search in page after expanding all the spoilers.

I let it remove it and installed xf86-video-fbdev in it’s place. I would put this in the wikipost but it looks like I can’t edit it yet. Have the improvements in fbturbo been upstreamed?

With this stable update, if we decide to overclock the RPI 4, do we need to have in the config arm_boost=1 enabled and have the parameters we want to set at higher frequencies(arm_freq, gpu_freq, over_voltage)? Or we do not need to have the arm_boost set at all and just set the desired frequencies we want to push for?

I know Pi OS Bullseye has the arm_boost in the config but I wasn’t sure if we need to have it(or if it is available) in the Manjaro config.txt file. Sorry if this question is part of the latest stable update.