Hello ARM community.
Pretty big update, with lots of perl, python and mobile stuff.
Curefish is a new DE, designed for tablets and desktop, based on qt and plasma!
- Most of our kernels got updated
- Cutefish got added to the repository
- And QT6 got it’s first major point release with 6.1.0
- Thunderbird also got a new point release with 78.10.2
- Introducing Foot terminal emulator to the repository
- Lots of Perl packages got updated to work with 5.34
- Lots of updated packages for our Mobile offerings
- The regular Python updates
- And regular updates from upstream
How to use Kodi RPI on Manjaro ARM
If anyone wants to test kodi on the rpi, install these packages:
sudo pacman -S kodi-rpi kodi-rpi-dev kodi-rpi-eventclients kodi-rpi-tools-texturepacker linux-rpi4 xf86-video-fbturbo-git
This means the kodi.service file need to replace whatever login manager you have installled. In my case I would:
sudo systemctl disable lightdm.service
sudo systemctl enable kodi.service
They recommend removing custom configs in config.txt. We ran into an issue if a value was set with gpu_mem=.
My config.txt with a bit of overclocking:
over_voltage=5 arm_freq=2000 #gpu_mem=64 #disable this initramfs initramfs-linux.img followkernel kernel=kernel8.img arm_64bit=1 disable_overscan=1 #enable sound dtparam=audio=on hdmi_drive=2 #enable vc4 dtoverlay=vc4-kms-v3d,cma-512 #max_framebuffers=2 #disable cause kodi uses more dtoverlay=rpivid-v4l2 disable_fw_kms_setup=1
The default user will be kodi
kodi home directory will be /var/lib/kodi
So put test video in /var/lib/kodi/Videos so you can get to it
after setting up the video directory in kodi.
Chromium will loose sync support in early March:
Arch Linux - News: Chromium losing Sync support in early March
ghostpcl>=9.53.2-2 and ghostxps>=9.53.2-2 updates require manual intervention:
zn_poly packages requires manual intervention:
firewalld requires manual intervention:
(Fri Jun 4 12:22:27 CEST 2021)
- arm-stable community aarch64: 1264 new and 1123 removed package(s)
- arm-stable core aarch64: 60 new and 56 removed package(s)
- arm-stable extra aarch64: 469 new and 444 removed package(s)
- arm-stable kde-unstable aarch64: 400 new and 392 removed package(s)
- arm-stable mobile aarch64: 0 new and 2 removed package(s)
See all the package changes here !
We are in need of testers for our arm-testing and arm-unstable branches.
So if you are adventurous and want newer software quicker, we would love for you to help us test out the new packages in arm-testing branch.
All you have to do to switch to this branch is:
- Run this command to switch branch:
sudo pacman-mirrors -aS testing && sudo pacman -Syyu. This will generate a new mirrorlist for you, sync your databases with the new mirror and update your system using the arm-testing branch.
We would then love for you to give feedback in our update posts in #manjaro-arm:arm-testing-updates. That way we can better find and fix bugs, before they hit arm-stable branch. Thank you!
- No issue, everything went smoothly
- Yes there was an issue. I was able to resolve it myself.(Please post your solution)
- Yes i am currently experiencing an issue due to the update. (Please post about it)
Check if your mirror has already synced: