[APP] - mntray - Manjaro announcements tray app (deprecated)

Hmm, looks like an autostart file was added in the package.

@Strit any idea why it was added? mntray itself places a file in the users ~/.config/autostart directory.
Now with this there are two autostarts, one system-wide and one user specificā€¦ (hence autostart can not be really deactivated anymore from the app settings since the global one still remains).

@FroyoXSG please run

sudo rm /etc/xdg/autostart/mntray.desktop

to remove the global autostart file. That should fix it.

1 Like

Probably to have it show on the first boot, without the user having to start it first.

Yeah, I see the point. Seems itā€™s shipped preinstalled with some ISOā€™s as well now. :star_struck: Like gnome (and arm ones?) in which case it makes sense.

If a user installs it manually I would expect him/her to run it immediatey as well though (which would then create the user autostart entry)

Could it maybe be changed so that the global one is not created and then add it to manjaro-settingsā€¦ packages in skel instead (as it is done with manjaro-helloā€¦)

Otherwise the autostart setting within the app is useless and it canā€™t be deactivated from setting (also it tries to start twice then i guess)

Does that make sense / any other ideas?

@Strit Nevermind. I will change that in the program.
Instead of deleting the autostart file in the user config folder I can set an option ā€œHidden=trueā€.
That way it will work as intended since the user file takes precedence over global one.

@nightmare-2021 @Strit
Iā€™ve fixed the autostart issue with 1.1.3.
Could someone update the package?

PKGBUILD v1.1.3
# Maintainer: Mario Oenning <mo-son[at]mailbox[dot]org>
# Maintainer: Helmut Stult  <helmut[at]manjaro[dot]org>

pkgname=mntray
pkgver=1.1.3
pkgrel=1
pkgdesc="A Manjaro Linux announcements notification app"
arch=('x86_64' 'aarch64')
url="https://github.com/moson-mo/mntray"
license=('MIT')
depends=('qt5-base' 'qt5-declarative')
conflicts=("${pkgname}")
options=(!strip)
source_x86_64=("$url/releases/download/v$pkgver/${pkgname}-linux-x64-v$pkgver.tar.gz"
        "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/moson-mo/${pkgname}/master/LICENSE.md")   
source_aarch64=("$url/releases/download/v$pkgver/${pkgname}-linux-arm64-v$pkgver.tar.gz"
        "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/moson-mo/${pkgname}/master/LICENSE.md")    

sha256sums_x86_64=('a9fc5754601ecf69fe36028a76f997701972e7e3b1de65acc9d3836aa436d05c'
                   '7464e5e1670895c267a2951820f166972dab35d6869d4fcf7c68668eccfdfeb6')
sha256sums_aarch64=('0de6e26ac33cd92f6848934adfe2e768d91f82fd42af7ab405de888653738782'
                    '7464e5e1670895c267a2951820f166972dab35d6869d4fcf7c68668eccfdfeb6')

package() {
	install -Dm755 "${pkgname}" "$pkgdir/usr/bin/${pkgname}"
	install -Dm644 LICENSE.md "$pkgdir/usr/share/licenses/LICENSE.md"

install -Dm644 ${pkgname}.png "$pkgdir/usr/share/icons/hicolor/256x256/apps/${pkgname}.png"
    install -Dm644 ${pkgname}.desktop "$pkgdir/usr/share/applications/${pkgname}.desktop"
    install -Dm644 ${pkgname}.desktop "$pkgdir/etc/xdg/autostart/${pkgname}.desktop"
    install -Dm644 ${pkgname}-regular.png "$pkgdir/usr/share/icons/hicolor/64x64/status/${pkgname}-regular.png"
    install -Dm644 ${pkgname}-news.png "$pkgdir/usr/share/icons/hicolor/64x64/status/${pkgname}-news.png"
}

Thanks in advance,
MO

Edit
Danke Helmut

Works like a charm ! Great app.

1 Like

First of all this app is awesome and youā€™ve done a great job with it :slight_smile:
and now onto my question.

Iā€™m trying to build mntray from source following your instructions @moson

How to build

• Install go from your package manager or download it from the Golang site.
  • Install Qt bindings for Golang: go get -u -v github.com/therecipe/qt/cmd/...
  • Download this package with: go get -d github.com/moson-mo/mntray
  • Change to package dir: cd $(go env GOPATH)/src/github.com/moson-mo/mntray/
  • Set environment variable QT_PKG_CONFIG: export QT_PKG_CONFIG=true
  • Run: $(go env GOPATH)/bin/qtdeploy build desktop from the mntray directory
  • The binary will be in the deploy/linux/ dir

But I get stuck on change package directory with an error no such file or directory everything else seems to complete normally do I need to do anything with GO before this works?

My system fully updated Manjaro Stable branch. Kernel 5.10 LTS KDE plasma
oh and I installed go from the repository

if you need more info let me know :smile:

Let me see. Actually quite some time ago since I last built it :slight_smile:
I guess some stuff has changed in the meanwhile with gomodules.

Btw. I do have a successor (matray) in the pipeline, completely redeveloped in vala / Gtk.
Wanted to release since quite some time already but never made it lol (it is actually ready).

ah wasnā€™t even aware you made a successor :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah, well. I did not release it yet :wink:
Have to work this afternoon / evening. Iā€™ll see if I push it to github tomorrow.

1 Like

I guess ill wait for that release then and have a look at that. :slight_smile: keep up the good work

You know what. If you want you can be the guinea pig and test it out :wink: :

Cool ill give it a shot see if I find some bugs :wink:

1 Like

seems thereā€™s no difference in light and dark icon when you set it, setting it to system leaves it blank everything else seems to work :wink: and autostart after rebooting doesnā€™t work either

hmm I think it does autostart just no icon until I force quit and restart the app

Apparently that is some KDE thing. It seems to manipulate the coloring by itself (choosing ā€œBreezeā€ theme for example it always stays darkā€¦). :thinking:

Wouldnā€™t know itā€™s not super important to me I just noticed it

Did you have time to push it yet :stuck_out_tongue:

Not yet. Some other priorities came in between :beer: :wink:

Iā€™ll try doing it this weekend.

edit
Here we go: [APP] - matray - Manjaro announcements tray app (the new one)