Anyone have any idea why I have such a poor wifi connection? Are there any commands or something that could help?

Basically it’s just a terrible internet connection. Sometimes it occasionally shuts off completely and takes a bit to reconnect. It’s not poor internet. My PC uses wifi, and when I was using Solus Budgie on this laptop I never had wifi issues. It’s really frustrating, cuz other than that issue I really like Manjaro. Budgie may look good out of the box, but Manjaro is just better. Would be a bummer to have to search for a new distro. I can’t imagine that i’d have to switch, it’s probably just a matter of finding someone who give me the right advice.

Since you did not share the wifi card model, nor the drivers used, i can only speculate and suggest you turn off mac address randomization and turn off IPv6. Restart your devices after that.

yeah i’ve already done those two things with no luck. also i have no idea what the wifi card model is. i’ve tried to find out, but I don’t see it in the specs on the computer or even the Asus website

Please read this:

You will know how to find out more about your system and how to share that information here.

1 Like

Thanks a lot for the tip man. Should you need more info let me know. I’m new to linux so I didn’t know that command.

Network:
Device-1: Intel Killer Wi-Fi 6 AX1650i 160MHz Wireless Network Adapter
driver: iwlwifi v: kernel modules: wl port: 3000 bus ID: 00:14.3
chip ID: 8086:34f0
IF: wlo1 state: up mac:
IF-ID-1: tun0 state: unknown speed: 10 Mbps duplex: full mac: N/A

Well, when you run inxi -Fazy you also get the version of the kernel in use. Is important. Maybe try a different one.
Disable power saving on the wifi.
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Network_configuration/Wireless#iwlwifi

Probably you can check also some TLP options (use tlpui from repos if you dislike terminal)

If it happens that you dual boot with Windows, disable fast boot in Windows so is not messing out with the hardware state.

1 Like

completely forgot to say thanks about this. it fix my problem.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.