After a Update of applications Manjaro dont respond and go to a black screen only mouse can move

The black screen appears after few seconds after i put my password and none aplication can be opened before, if i try to open something i go to black screen faster and my clicks does not respond. I cant format and erase all because the disk cant be selected in the installer and if possible i wanted to get back few archives in the disk. Anyone can help me? My grub has gone to space and the live media cant see the hard disk that it is installed.

Welcome to the forum!

From what you’re telling us, it would appear that your hard disk is broken, and if that is the case, then I’m afraid there’s nothing you can do.

However, there are a few steps you can take to make sure whether it’s the drive itself or whether the problem lies elsewhere.

• First open up your computer and make sure that all the cables are still properly connected.

• Check your BIOS or UEFI to see whether it finds the drive, and what it reports about it.

• For future application, always make backups, and store them on a separate drive, not on your main drive, because there’s no point in that.

I’m sorry I cannot offer you any more advice. Hopefully you’ll get it sorted out, but I fear it might be too late already to save your data. :slightly_frowning_face:

:man_shrugging:

My hard disk is fine, but Ubuntu and Manjaro cant recognize the disk(they are installed in another disk), i can still boot the Manjaro(Broken).

Please see the following and edit your topic tile and post appropriately:

If English is not your first language, then you may either post in your native language with an English translation or post in the appropriate #languages section.