21.1.1 KDE touchpad works fine, Gnome unwanted text pasted when left click

Very strange random issue, even when I selected this textbox to type this right now, It pastes a word or sometimes a sentence,

1. without me ever having copied that piece of text, also often I never wrote that text, it’s just text I read a minute or so ago
  2. without me initiating paste, since I simply selected the textbox to start writing this.

This happens constantly after my fresh, clean Manjaro Gnome installation.

The same behavior also seems to close a Firefox tab simply when I select the tab. Quite annoying.

I installed Manjaro KDE 21.1.1 first on this laptop: no issues. Then did a clean Manjaro Gnome 21.1.1 installation and the issue appeared.

The laptop works fine, it’s just this issue that seems very minor but becomes quickly extremely annoying. Any ideas?

Lenovo S540-13ARE, AMD 4800U laptop.

I’m on KDE so my solution would be to… hold it… use KDE! :grin: However if you want to use Gnome,

1. Please read this:
    How to provide good information
    and press the three dots below your post and press the :pencil2: to give us more information so we can see what’s really going on.
    Now we know the symptom of the disease, but we need some more probing to know where the origin lies… :grin:
  2. An inxi --admin --verbosity=7 --filter --no-host --width would be the minimum required information for us to be able to help you. (Personally Identifiable Information like serial numbers and MAC addresses will be filtered out by the above command)
    Also, please copy-paste that output in-between 3 backticks ``` at the beginning and end of the code/text.

:+1:

P.S. If you enter a bit more details in your profile, we can also see which Desktop Environment you’re using, which exact CPU/GPU or Kernel, … you have without typing it every time

Unfortunately, the same issue is on KDE!
I even changed laptops, installed Manjaro KDE, clean.
Switched from a Lenovo IdeaPad S540-13ARE (AMD 4800u) to an older Lenovo Yoga 920 (Intel 7200U).

I will gather the required info an update here.

1 Like