Yubico authenticator

Just recently yubico authenticator has stopped working on manjaro. It works fine on my other two distros so it is nothing to do with the key itself, it is recognised by lsusb and ykman on manjaro and indeed using ykman I can get correct authentication codes but I prefer the gui. Anyone have any idea about this? (clue, it is not a pcscd error) When started from the cli I get the following overly large error message (but it means nothing to me):

yubioath-desktop
qrc:/qml/main.qml:305:5: QML Shortcut: Shortcut: Only binding to one of multiple key bindings associated with 7. Use 'sequences: [ <key> ]' to bind to all of them.
qrc:/qml/main.qml:297:5: QML Shortcut: Shortcut: Only binding to one of multiple key bindings associated with 9. Use 'sequences: [ <key> ]' to bind to all of them.
"PyOtherSide error: Traceback (most recent call last):\n\n  File \"qrc:///py/yubikey.py\", line 23, in <module>\n    from ykman.device import scan_devices, list_all_devices, connect_to_device, get_name, read_info\n\nImportError: cannot import name 'connect_to_device' from 'ykman.device' (/usr/lib/python3.10/site-packages/ykman/device.py)\n"
Unhandled PyOtherSide error: Cannot import module: yubikey (Traceback (most recent call last):

File "qrc:///py/yubikey.py", line 23, in <module>
    from ykman.device import scan_devices, list_all_devices, connect_to_device, get_name, read_info

ImportError: cannot import name 'connect_to_device' from 'ykman.device' (/usr/lib/python3.10/site-packages/ykman/device.py)
)
"PyOtherSide error: Traceback (most recent call last):\n\n  File \"<string>\", line 1, in <module>\n\nNameError: name 'yubikey' is not defined\n"
Unhandled PyOtherSide error: Function not found: 'yubikey.init' (Traceback (most recent call last):

File "<string>", line 1, in <module>

NameError: name 'yubikey' is not defined
)
"PyOtherSide error: Traceback (most recent call last):\n\n  File \"<string>\", line 1, in <module>\n\nNameError: name 'yubikey' is not defined\n"
Unhandled PyOtherSide error: Function not found: 'yubikey.controller.check_descriptors' (Traceback (most recent call last):

)
Unhandled PyOtherSide error: Function not found: 'yubikey.controller.is_win_non_admin' (Traceback (most recent call last):

)
qml: TypeError: Cannot read property 'success' of undefined undefined
qml: TypeError: Cannot read property 'winNonAdmin' of undefined undefined

Moderator edit: In the future, please use proper formatting: [HowTo] Post command output and file content as formatted text

There is an AUR package yubico-authenticator - if you’re referring to that one the same advice applies as for all AUR packages which (suddenly) stop working: rebuild.

Already done 3 times, doesn’t work, neither does downgrading.

You should have mentioned what you already tried :roll_eyes:
Btw. that package was recently renamed to yubico-authenticator-bin.
It’s working for me (on unstable).

edit: but this is no python package nor does it use python in any way I can see.
Are you really referring to another package yubioath-desktop from community repository?

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

– usually attributed to Albert Einstein

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Sorry there is some confusion here probably on my part. The apps ‘name’ is yubico-authenticator, the command to launch it is ‘yubioath-desktop’. I have tried both aur and community versions and neither work as they refuse to recognise the yubikey when plugged in. They used to work a couple of weeks ago and for a very long time before that.

[Desktop Entry]
Name=Yubico Authenticator
GenericName=Yubico Authenticator
Comment=Graphical interface for displaying OATH codes with a YubiKey.
Exec=yubioath-desktop
Icon=com.yubico.yubioath
StartupNotify=false
Terminal=false
Type=Application
Categories=Utility;
Keywords=Yubico;Authenticator;

Got to go now thanks for help so far, will check in tomorrow to see any updates.

Looks like you’re referring to yubioath-desktop package, which is available in community repository.

There was a thread a while back about it, their workaround was to downgrade to an earlier version:

Indeed.

Not quite.

…which is an AUR package.

Technically, it is the same software. However, Yubico rewrote the program in Flutter with 6.0:

The Arch package will be perpetually out of date as I don’t see Arch building packages with Flutter happening anytime soon. I’ve tried. No fun. We’ll see.

Thank you all for your replies, I now have a solution. I removed yubioath-desktop and installed yubioath-desktop-beta-bin version 6.1.0-1 and that is now recognising my yubikey and correctly displaying the oath codes.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.