Youtube no playback, VLC no audio after last update (KDE Plasma 5.23)

After the last update i have no audio and i only get playback in VLC, i can also get playback on YouTube, but only after losing all audio devices by simply trying to switch profiles in plasma-pa audio mixer widget e.g. Analog Surround 5.1 output + Analog Stereo Input to something else, first i lose the mic, then my headphones, then switching profiles on my monitor’s built-in speakers once i switch there and lose it as well YouTube magically starts playing, no audio now obviously.

When i was updating there was a dependency conflict of i believe(it was days ago, i forgot) pulseaudio-somethinglong-something with “noidea”, so i simply unticked the first one and updated, since then i also updated the kernel and reinstalled pulseaudio twice to no effect.

If i run PulseAudio Volume Control, the devices are still there, but i can’t get them to do anything. If i run this command “systemctl --user restart pulseaudio” i lose all of my audio devices even inside PulseAudio Volume Control.

Can you check the sound settings in volume control of KDE ?

Okay i solved it, the solution is below:

I believe i got this problem when i was upgrading/updating:

Error: unresolvable package conflicts detected
Error: Failed to prepare transaction:
conflicting dependencies:
- pipewire-media-session and wireplumber are in conflict

So i simply didn’t update pipewire-media-session, then i did this as it appeared to be the solution from the thread for this update of:

sudo pacman -S pipewire-media-session
pamac install wireplumber

Which didn’t solve it, what did was installing pipewire-media-session, though i do not understand the package because i am using pulseaudio… i did go to try pipewire a while ago but it was buggier and my audio sounded horrendous no matter what i did.

TL DR: installed pipewire-media-session via pamac GUI → restart → worked!

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.