XP Pen Artist Pro 14 (Gen 2) screen showing a “No Signal” error

Hello,

I’ve recently received the graphics tablet above. The drawing portion of the tablet works, but the screen will not display, showing a “No Signal” error. Whenever I connect the device, I get the option to switch displays, but it has no effect, and shows up repeatedly every few seconds regardless of what option I choose. The graphics tablet is not shown as a separate monitor either in the display configuration or with the “xrandr --listmonitors” command in terminal.

My system specs are attached above. The graphics card is a
NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 3050 Laptop GPU but doesn’t show up due to dual GPU system.

I’ve emailed XP Pen but I am wondering if anyone can give me advice as to what to do or what’s going on?

Hello,

That laptop is an optimus laptop. Meaning it has dual GPU. You can use asusctl - ArchWiki to make the switch between the GPU’s, but first, make sure, as in this model ASUS TUF DASH F15 (2022) - ArchWiki that you read the dedicated explanation on DisplayPort part.
You will also have to read NVIDIA - ArchWiki

Only after you make the proper changes might be able to use the native KDE Plasma Switch to laptop screen utility to activate the external display on your drawing tablet …

Hello,

I own a XP Pen graphic tablet and I encountered this problem as well. Screen no signal, but pen still worked. But I fixed it!

I tried every suggestions I could find on the internet (replugging the cables, turning on and off the tablet, restarting pc, reinstalling XPPen driver, trying with other computers, changing cables, changing settings on the pc including monitor settings/power saving settings/GPU settings etc) and none of them worked.
I contacted XP Pen and what I would have had to do was to have the tablet sent the original manufacturer in China, which would have taken months, so I didn’t do that either.

If you have tried everything but still doesn’t work, here’s what I do.
I play Genshin Impact for like a few minutes and boom, the tablet goes up. I know it sounds weird, but theory is that it relates to the GPU. So when playing heavy game the GPU is pushed to work (?).
Now everyday before I draw, I turn on PC (with no signal tablet), go on Genshin for 15 mins, tablet goes alive, then I can draw.
Maybe you can try with other games if you don’t play Genshin. However I have played dozen of games (light and heave ones) but the games that have made my tablet go alive so far are Genshin and WuWa.

Is not just theory, is a fact on optimus laptops how the GPU is handled. If you have a desktop, you can, from BIOS, switch off the iGPU and only use the dGPU with the proper drivers.