XFCE-Terminal & Powerline + Powerline-Fonts: Missing Patched Fonts in xfce-terminal?

Hello,

I’m experimenting with powerline, and needed to install a patched font set to use with it. However, xfce-terminal does not appear to recognize the fonts I just installed as being available. They’re just not in the list.

So far, I’ve installed:

community/powerline 2.8.1-2 [installed]
    Statusline plugin for vim, and provides statuslines and prompts for several
    other applications, including zsh, bash, tmux, IPython, Awesome, i3 and
    Qtile
community/powerline-common 2.8.1-2 [installed]
    common files for python-powerline and python2-powerline
community/powerline-fonts 2.8.1-2 [installed]
    patched fonts for powerline
community/python-powerline 2.8.1-2 [installed]
    python library for powerline

I then rebooted and tried to select one of them in xfce-terminal, but they’re not showing up.

Do I need to do something to update the font list? The directions at GitHub - powerline/fonts: Patched fonts for Powerline users. are a bit sparse.

EDIT: Is it possible that powerline-fonts does not install any fonts, but rather uses overlay patches to make pre-existing fonts compatible with Powerline? Which would mean I need to install the fonts associated with the patches?

EDIT 2: Would I be better off using awesome-terminal-fonts? They both confuse me, so I suppose I should focus my energies on learning how to use the one best suited to Manjaro…

Thanks!

Read the wiki article. Powerline isn’t install-and-go.

I’ve read through that article a couple times already; I definitely need to study it more.

I’m kind of paused on configuring Powerline’s theme and color scheme at the moment though, since I’ve realized I don’t really grok how to install and use fonts on Manjaro…

I thought I just needed to install font packages from the official repos, but then they don’t show up as selectable in any apps in XFCE. So I’m clearly missing a step. I understand there’s a font cache that needs to be updated, but I’m not sure how to do that; the wiki was a bit confusing and I need to peer at it more so I don’t accidentally blow up my font system.